Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fine Hair.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
could someone please help me with my bloody hair...

It is fine but thick, a little dry at the ends.. but if I use conditioner on it it gets greasy at the roots. I use a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner on it and wash it every day because if I don't it just looks limp and especialy because its fair it makes it look more obviously greasy... but washing it every day makes it dry and stragly at the ends in some places (I think where it was bleached before and hasnt quite grown out yet), especially when I dry it with a hair dryer too as sometimes I have to do... I also straighten it every day because its kinky, I normally use a little serum on it to protect it from the straighteners/finish it off.. I want to know if anyone with similarish hair could tell me if I'm doing the right things to it and could give me any more tips...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You're going about it all wrong imo.

Washing your hair every day, results in the scalp being stripped of all it's natural oils. This means, that it will produce more oil, to compensate for the lack of oil. Therefore, your hair will seem greasy as soon as it's due another wash.

Always try to leave a gap between shampoo days. I wash my hair every other day, sometimes with 2-3 days in between.

Secondly, if you find that conditioner makes your hair greasy, try a lighter conditioner (one that isn't so heavy - I find John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette to be very heavy, but find the frizzease range to be nice and light) and only use it on the mid lengths and ends and keep it away from the scalp.

Lastly, instead of using serum, it's better to use a heat protection mist/spray designed for people who use straighteners/hairdryers/tongs.
    I swear by Toni and Guy protein protection mist as it's very light and non obtrusive and doesn't make my hair feel yucky.

I'm just like you, I have very fine hair, but I have a lot of it (more individual strands than someone with thick hair) so it can get greasy when left too long, but the key really is to let the hair breathe - not washing it every day might just be the problem solved!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    When I used to use 2-1 one shampoos years ago I always found they made my hair greasier. Ilora is right.