Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Poo

littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
Can you post poo through Royal Mail? My google-fu is failing me.

This is a serious question, so any sources re info would be graciously received.

:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why would you want to?
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Why would you want to?

It's a looooooooooooooooooong story!

:p
    *gets popcorn*
    I would imagine no as it would probably be classed as a biohazard so you'd need a special license.
    I would suggest contacting Royal Mail explaining the situation a bit and see what their response is. There is probably a list somewhere of things that you can't send via the post but I can't imagine that it's a good idea - I wouldn't want to be the postman who sorts that, or delivers it. It's not fair on them and just spreads germs. Perhaps contact environmental health and ask their opinion if it's for a sample.
    Someone else pointed me to a RM link that I couldn't find. Apparently, you *can* post it, but it needs to be in a special box that RM provide. But you can only order a minimum of 12! Oh dear.
    WTF at this thread. :eek2:
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    WTF at this thread. :eek2:

Hehe, that's pretty much what our union said too :lol:

I wish I was making this up, but I'm not. Basically, if you are off with a tummy bug, we need to collect a stool sample and send it to Environmental Health with 2 first class stamps on it!
    ewww thats disgusting, i order cookies and all sorts of foods to be delivered to my mum so she can bring them back and to think i could have poo next to my food.
    Amira wrote: »
    ewww thats disgusting, i order cookies and all sorts of foods to be delivered to my mum so she can bring them back and to think i could have poo next to my food.
    And once you've eaten that food, it will become poo. Poo which will be sent next to food for another person. :p
    no, because my poo gets flushed down a toilet over 3500miles away from england ;)
    Amira wrote: »
    no, because my poo gets flushed down a toilet over 3500miles away from england ;)
    Shit makes the world go round. :p
    Presumably the actual poo would be within some sort of sealed container, though. She's not just going to curl one off in a jiffy bag! So germs are irrelevant.

Doctors surgeries have all sorts of flashy containers for all your bodily fluid collection needs, which they give you if you ask, if you don't want to buy 12! Might not be RM specific, but how would they know?
    Olive wrote: »
    Presumably the actual poo would be within some sort of sealed container, though. She's not just going to curl one off in a jiffy bag! So germs are irrelevant.

Doctors surgeries have all sorts of flashy containers for all your bodily fluid collection needs, which they give you if you ask, if you don't want to buy 12! Might not be RM specific, but how would they know?

Hehe, true. But I shall not, under any circumstances, be handing in a poo sample! The whole thing is a bit ridiculous. I shan't be making a trip to the docs or owt like that.

I have bigger things to think about than silly things like the fact that my headteacher thinks we are all making up illness.

Silly bint :lol:
    I have bigger things to think about than silly things like the fact that my headteacher thinks we are all making up illness.

Silly bint :lol:

Why not just shit in a jiffy bag and post it to her?

POTW PLEASE
    I often lay a fresh one and just whack a stamp on top. The postman doesnt like me.
    could you not drop it off at the local enviromental health office?
    Hehe until you explained I thought you had a serious vendetta against someone and this was part of your hate campaign

PMSL! Ah that killed me, had to stifle the giggles at my desk.
    At the request of the poster, just closing this folks
This discussion has been closed.