Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The British version of Josef Fritzl

Remember the truly revolting case of Josef Fritzl a few months ago? He was the Austrian man who repeatedly raped his own daughter over many years. He kept her locked in a dungeon for 24 years as he fathered seven children with her. Altogether, it was one of the most disgusting stories I've ever read.

And now we find out that something disturbingly similar has happened in this country. According to the Beeb; "A man who fathered nine children by raping his two daughters over many years has been jailed for life with a minimum term of 19-and-a half years. The 56-year-old from Sheffield was sentenced to a life term for each of the 25 rapes he had admitted. The attacks led to 19 pregnancies, Sheffield Crown Court heard. Nine of the children were born, two of whom died on the day of their birth. The other 10 pregnancies were miscarried or aborted." Click here for more.

The court was told by the prosecutor Nicholas Campbell QC that "The seven surviving children have their own difficulties. Two are severely incapacitated and one of them has been recently diagnosed with a fatal condition. It seems clear that that mix of the DNA of this defendant and that of both his daughters showed that damage would be caused to their offspring. Even after that damage became obvious he carried on impregnating his daughters.". Hence why we can't name anyone involved in this case.

Just how sick do you have to be to rape your own daughters repeatedly over a quarter of a century? Here's praying that this evil monster meets a very sticky end on the inside. As for the daughters in question, I feel so sorry for them. They're gonna have to live the rest of their lives knowing that they were the result of incestuous rape - what a terrible burden to place on anyone.

What are your thoughts on this?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't even understand for a second how anyone can harm their own kids or anyon'e else's kids for that matter.