Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

creating a home spa type evening with just a shower....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have horrible skin right now, and i think i really need some pampering, but i have the difficulty in that i only have a shower....

I've got tomorrow evening all to myself and no coursework to hand in for 2 weeks (not that i've got much left to do anyway), so i'm planning on making myself feel and look a little better without the expence of going somewhere to have it done...

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I enjoy doing this type of thing so relaxing and you really do feel better and yes you can do it just with a shower!

1. use a scrub to scrub all over your body in the shower. if you are planning on using a hair mask shampoo hair really well... twice... The scrub doesnt have to be bought a mix of olive or almond oil and sugar works very well... rinse off with normal temperature water. towel dry.

2. apply any face or hair masks you would like to use and let them work their magic...

3. back in the shower to rinse off masks... rinse hair final rinse with water as cold as you can put up with! wash then all over with some nice smelling soap or shower gel, rinse with water first as hot as you can stand then cold as you can stand to get your circulation going, also you can direct the cold water on your thighs your bum or tummy any places that are blobby as it helps firm them up!

4. wrap up in nice warm soft clean towel... mmmm. while skin is damp apply body moisturiser all over rubbing in well, you can also use upward motions on your flabby parts (if you have them!) again to tone them up. as for hair best time to let it dry naturally... seal in more of the water that the hair mask helped it to absorb. for your face after using a mask it might be a little dry so apply a thin layer of moisturiser; hands and feet massage in a good thick cream and put socks on, pjamas then go to bed for an early night... beauty sleep :) or watch a movie and eat chocolate feeling clean and gorgeous...