Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Skills Train

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm sure you've all heard of skills train that offer a training program to become accredited in IT.

I'm looking for something similar but where I only have to pay for the exam and buy books tol earn before my exam.

I'm having trouble finding any information on google, so can anyone point me in the right direction.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    maybe go to your local education authority? or connexions? im sure both would be fairly clued on up those kind of things
  • Options
    Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hi,

Great that you are thinking about what training you want to do.

The best place to start is E-Skills, the skills sector organisation for the IT industry. (http://www.e-skills.com/careers). They are the government-backed non-profit agency tasked with helping ensuring that the IT industry has people with the right skills.

Other than that, try your local college or Connexions agency (in England), or a job centre should be able to advise you where you can access local courses and/or funding.

Best wishes,

Olly