Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Am i overreacting??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me n my bf are in a long distance relationship since we live 5 hours apart and im at uni - its difficult to say the least but we both want this to work.

i fel stupid even asking about this cos i know i'm probably just overreacting but i havent spoken to him properly since sat 15th and its now sat 22nd. his phone has been cut off so he's not been able to get in contact but i've rung him everyday and he's not answered.

before when we've had problems or arguements i know he's purposefully ignored me but everything was fine last time we spoke, so i dont understand whats going on - ive even left him a text saying that i miss him and to let me know when his phone is sorted.

i know theres probably nothing to worry about - he's a typical bloke, normally does his own thing without thinking first and needs a kick up the backside every now and then but i know he loves me and cares about me, we had this conversation last time we spoke.

i guess im just looking for reassurance that everythings ok, i get paranoid v. easily. i dont really know what to think or what to do - shall i keep ringing, text him, leave him an email or what???

sorry for the long spiel - ta for reading and any advice gratefully recieved xxx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If his phone has been cut off surely he cant receive calls either?
    I'm pretty sure that he can cos he got a phone call from his mate when i was talkin to him online the other day

Some advice i've been given is to not bombard him with calls and just let him contact me.. i just hate having to wait around for him
    I'm not a phone wizz but I'm pretty sure you can't get phone calls if its turned off and it also wont ring on your endl, you'd just get a message about how that number is no longer in service. Hence the point of turning it off. If I could still recieve calls I'd never pay my bill and let them turn it off all they want :p... so his phone is either on or he's got another.

But yes, don't bombard. If he's in a mood, being endlessly contacted might just annoy him. Perhaps something has happened and he just needs a bit of time alone?
    no his phones not off, its just been cut off so he cnt contact anyone from it but i know he can receive phone calls
    its just **** when we hardly get to see each other as it is and i havent spoke to him all week
    dunno why im complaining to all you about it , im sorry, i just miss him soo much and want to talk to him but i dunno when i will
    im no expert on relationships at all,
    but i think if maybe you leave him an email saying how much you love him and care for him and that your always their for him.
    then dont contact him after that, wait for him to come to you.

he might be just really busy or anything, but if he reads the email he'll probably feel better and get in contact or something.

i dont know if it would work but i suppose its worth a try..
    but im sure everythings fine anywayy :)
    Hmm still not convinced - i mean it doesnt take a week to get his phone sorted, he's been cut off but i know he can receive phone calls and hasnt answered any of mine.

Theres's probably nothing to worry about but I just miss him sooo much and its horrible just waititng around. the more i wait i more i think whats he up to, whats wrong, is he angry with me?? :nervous:

Think i need to have a word with him about this... but cant because I cant contact him!!! aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:banghead: