Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

advice needed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
any advice that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Ive been in a relationship now for one year and six months and feel like im wasting my time. My boyfriend is Sikh and moved to this country seven years ago, i am white and British. During our time together he has met all my family and has been welcomed with open arms. I on the other hand have met his sister on one occassion who was rude and actually called me overweight, his auntie who upon meeting me refused to speak a word of english and a brother despite knowing who i am refused to say thankyou when i held a door open for him. whenever his family have a get together it feels like i don't exist my boyfriend refuses to take time out and call me for 5 minutes and refuses to answer any of my calls which is making me feel as though he is ashamed of me. is my relationship going anywhere or should i carry on and hope for the best. i love this person so much but dont feel like im getting any comittment what so ever. in the last 3 months ive started experiencing panic attacks and my gp has perscribed me beta blockers to control them. i dont want to live like this but whenever i try and talk to my boyfriend i end up feeling in the wrong. please help

Comments

• Options
    Well, being in love put aside, what are you actually getting out of this relationship other than heartache and misery?
  • Options
    ask your boyfriend how he feels about you?
    if hes embarrased by you? if he loves you? or cares about you?
    and if he says he loves you and asks wy your asking, then tell him how you dont feel like hes treatin you right, and that hes ignoring you.

i would hate to be in a relationship for soo long, and have his family disaprove of me. but your in love, and ask yourself if you want to be in the relationship? if the first answer is yes then stay if its no then go.

thats how ive always solved problems,
    but you need to try talk to him but if your feeling that its all a waste of time then i think maybe it is time to move on ..