Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Countries at risk of bankruptcy from Pakistan to Baltics

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    In the American constitution it clearly states that the government and the government only ...can issue the countries currency but ...
    in 1913 a handful of men had a sucsesful financial coup against the American people and took over the issuance of the money.
    Every dollar they issue to the government carries interest.
    If the government issued it's own debt free money ...almost all the worlds ills past and present would vanish.
    The great depression of the twenties and thirties was engineered by the Rothschilds Bilderbergs and Morgans.
    They flooded the economy with money and credit ...then cut the money and credit.
    Joe Kennedy was worth four million dollars at the start of the depression.
    By the end of it he was worth
    a hundred million dollars.
    Companies machines land property etc that had been worth billions was snapped up for pennies ...then they started the money flowing again.
    The same families and a couple more are doing the same thing again right now.
    By the year 1800 Meyer Rothschild owned half the worlds wealth ...thats a staggering thought.
    They don't give a fuck about YOU ....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg&feature=related
    Long time no see Mr Roll :)
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Long time no see Mr Roll :)

Helloooo Mr Aladdin:wave:
    I just got back from your lovely island of Menorca ....lovely weather ...and cheap everything.
    It's always a bit depressing coming back to this shit hole of a country.
    Tax tax tax.
    Baccy for two quid that costs twelve here ...same with booze ...i'm out of this damp overtaxed petty officialdom next year ....for good.
    Helloooo Mr Aladdin:wave:
    I just got back from your lovely island of Menorca ....lovely weather ...and cheap everything.
    It's always a bit depressing coming back to this shit hole of a country.
    Tax tax tax.
    Baccy for two quid that costs twelve here ...same with booze ...i'm out of this damp overtaxed petty officialdom next year ....for good.
    You have no idea how many times I get asked "what the fuck are you doing living in the UK" :D

Not least by Mrs Aladdin, who would like nothing better than to pack up shop and move to Spain.
    You have no idea how many times I get asked "what the fuck are you doing living in the UK" :D

It could be worse, you could be living in Iceland. :D

It has crossed my mind as well Laddin:yes:
    So ...why?
    This sums up how i feel toward the lot of 'em.:hyper:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ajZ-5kTXk&feature=related
    Yields on American treasuries were rocketing last week even as the stock market was collapsing, not a good combination I think capital flight has already started.

well 3 and 1 month T bills inverted for the first time today, rumour is the FED is buying long end of the curve using matured short term bills.

In English that's like using the credit cards to pay off the mortgage, means they're relying heavily on foreign investors buying short term gov debt and much more vulnerable to a sudden flight of quality and accelerated cost of financing. If this is yield inversion is the start of a new trend it will take down the US and foreign sovereign bond, equity and credit markets. I think a US gov default is 4-5 months away tops. Credit markets are already dead, 20% yield on junior AAA tranches and investment grade debt trading at 30c on the dollar....money is fleeing anything not explicitly backed by the central banks putting more stress on sovereign bond markets, that's the unintended side effects of free market economy manipulation. but that's okay, it's contained.

http://www.markit.com/information/products/category/indices/cmbx.html

http://www.markit.com/information/products/category/indices/abx.html
    free market economy manipulation

Isn't that an oxymoron ?

Senor Miguel,

I wonder if you find these figures eye popping. From its birth in 1913 to September 24, 2008 the Federal Reserve corporation's "assets" grew to $1 trillion. By November 14, 2008 the amount had grown to over $2 trillion. And in a recent speech in Texas, the head of the Dallas branch of the Federal Reserve said he expected the total to reach $3 trillion by year end.

It should be quite a spectacle to see how this unwinds, don't you think ?
    Isn't that an oxymoron ?

Senor Miguel,

I wonder if you find these figures eye popping. From its birth in 1913 to September 24, 2008 the Federal Reserve corporation's "assets" grew to $1 trillion. By November 14, 2008 the amount had grown to over $2 trillion. And in a recent speech in Texas, the head of the Dallas branch of the Federal Reserve said he expected the total to reach $3 trillion by year end.

It should be quite a spectacle to see how this unwinds, don't you think ?

Well we're about halfway there already, our company just announced the first round of redundancies to reduce headcount by 15% across the board today, just as a precaution. So between this, watching my stock options go to zero, and working in an investment bank the last few months I'm experiencing this first hand. I'm not sure spectacle is the right word, more like a horror show in slow motion.