Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

applying for legal work experience

ok, so im off to study the lpc in september. am gonna be studying it part-time so have 2 1/2 years to get plenty of work experience in.

thing is, i got a 2:2 in my degree (i'll be honest, i was super lazy in my second year, i really regret that now :() so most vacation schemes won't take me so ive figured that writing to law firms is my best bet.

thing is, i can't find any example work experience request letters online and im not sure how to word it? could anyone help me out?

would really appreciate it if anyone could :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Olly_BOlly_B Posts: 222 Trailblazer
    Hiya,

Your LPC course sounds really exciting (I had to google it to find out what it was).

Getting work experience is really beneficial, so you are doing exactly the right thing. I don't think there is anything specifically you need to do differently when applying for work experience as applying for a real job, so you might find this article on writing cover letters useful.

It's all about explaining why you can do the job, and why you should do the job.

Good luck!

Olly
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't mean to sound rude but there are LOADS of examples out there so I don't think you have looked very hard.

Here is one for you to look at:

http://www.kent.ac.uk/careers/cv/covletlawvacwork.htm

Basically just state why you are writing to the firm, what area of law you are interested in, why you would like to have work experience at their firm, and what you have done so far, that's just a few things for you to include.

Good luck!