Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Is She Cheating?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My gf moved 100 miles away to go to uni and since her first week there she had been taking to a guy who lives in the same village as her. She would wind me up occasionally just saying about his muscles and stuff but it was never really that much of an issue.

However, her mates seem to know who he is (through her) and she has his number in her phone. He tried it on with her a while ago and she (well, I hope she) told him where to go.

The other day she told me "Some guy sent me a txt there saying "Fancy a shag?" and then 5 mins later she told me sheepishly "It was *****" then she said she might as well be honest and she showed me another txt that said "I think u shud come 2 mine"

I argues that she must have done something to make him txt her something like that but she swears blind she's never kissed him or slept with him.

I'm completely bewildered. I really don't know what to think/feel about the situation or her.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Jazza wrote: »

The other day she told me "Some guy sent me a txt there saying "Fancy a shag?" and then 5 mins later she told me sheepishly "It was *****" then she said she might as well be honest and she showed me another txt that said "I think u shud come 2 mine"

Bit confused why she started off on this path. She must be a bit dense if she didn't see it would cause problems.
    Are you glad that she told you the truth thus far? I think that is commendable (if a little odd) and perhaps you should thank her. If something bad is going on it's better if you can be truthful with each other. Tell her that you find it a bit odd and that you are a bit concerned about this guy.

The best policy is to talk - you'll only drive yourself mad if you keep trying to guess whats going on or what might be happening.
    the only reason why I can explain she's doing that is she's either stupid or tries to force a break-up. In any way: be wary.
    Did you ask her if she liked him, mate?

I think if he's been trying to flirt with her then it's possible she's just texted something polite back, and he's kept trying it on.

I don't reckon she'd have showed you the text in the first place if there was something going on. Unless she's being really devious.

The guy sounds like a 24 carat bell-end if he can't come up with better banter than "fancy a shag?" :sour:
    I bebo'd the guy and pulled him up about it and he said "I hardly even reply to the txts she has sent me" which made me think she was txting him and leading him on. But then he apologised to me and said "Ill delete her number" which I think is a lot of shite but anyhoo, he apparantly apologised to my gf too.

Bri - I dunno tbh, this kinda thing has gone on before with her last bf so I was wary but I'll just wait, things like this always come out sooner rather than later with her.
    well, ive gone through something similar, but if she denies, it would be hard to believe when the vidence is apparent,i would really try to snag the truth out, and im in a long distance relationship to, there tough as boiled heart
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I don't reckon she'd have showed you the text in the first place if there was something going on. Unless she's being really devious.

It's happened to me. It's not out of spite but when someone is cheating they're so desperate about being caught out that they can lose the sense of moral perspective. When they're in that deep what's another little lie to stop them getting caught out? If you weigh up the costs to the benefits, it makes sense. Most people who cheat are ridiculously guilty about it and that can affect their personalities and the way they interact with their partner as well.

Although I'm not saying I think she's cheating - you couldn't possibly say one way or the other from the texts (although it's perfectly above board to ask her about it, but drop it after she gives you an answer imo) - just from my experience someone who is cheating could go to the ends of the earth to cover up their infidelity.