Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Neighbor selling drugs.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the place i live has only a handful of houses. it has come to light that one of the people living here is selling drugs. another neighbor was woken up during the night and was knocking on his door at five in the morning becuase the music was to loud. a 10yr old answered the door out of his head. the guy dont have any children, or a partner.

now i am an "anti-drug" kinda person, ill admit it, but i understand that its just something people do. its their choice ect. i know people on drugs, and i leave them to it. its not my buissines. but i do think that 10 ish is a little too young.

and as there are only a handful of houses here, and we are in the middle of no-were with an industrial factory behind us, im not a great fan of the attention it gathers from the almost local area. and im not sure i wanna see little kids out there heads when im coming back from school.

what is there that i can do, what should i do? if anything?

Comments

• Options
    lol wtf

call over with some bangin cd's an eat some drugs with him :thumb:
  • Options
    First of all I would suspect that a) the kid was not 10 years old, and b) that he/she wasnt out of their head - but thats just me, I always suspect that people with an agenda over state their case.

As to what you can do about the issue, I would try and talk to the person who owns the house and deal with the noise/disturbance issue. I'd leave whether or not (you dont know) they are selling drugs to the Police.
  • Options
    i agree with budda a 10n year old would not be fucked that just doesnt happen. it was probably a typsey 15 year old cousin of the homeowner.

sounds like you are making alot of asumptions i doubt they are actual drug dealers if they are go over wih some money and check out there gear:thumb: jokes but really drug dealers arent all what the movies and media make of them. there normally alright pretty chilled out people. yeah you get the odd prick but you do in any carrear lol chill out a bit if there playing there noise that loud that late then go to the councill but unless its really ruining your lif just deal with it nd let some very happy people have some lol who gives a fucj if people are gossiping about the new rough family in the neighbour hood those peopl need to grow up.

sorry im mumbleing but im pretty blazed :razz: :razz:
  • Options
    Looks like the curtain twitcher is jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    fine, ill go with that fact that i probibly am jumping the gun by quite a bit, bit its all the other houses are picking up on what hes doing too. the woman he woke up at nights a teacher and i find it weird to decide if they were actually ten why she wouldnt have done anything. we'll probibly conspire to murder him next, but its one of those things that kinda... well, makes people think. well me anyway. and im probibly the only one at that.

im not sayin drug dealers are all bad, or that they beat the living shit out of people.

i dunno... its just something im a little concerned about.

never mind.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    the place i live has only a handful of houses. it has come to light that one of the people living here is selling drugs. another neighbor was woken up during the night and was knocking on his door at five in the morning becuase the music was to loud. a 10yr old answered the door out of his head. the guy dont have any children, or a partner.

I find this a little far fetched to be honest.

Until you actually witness something you think deserves police action, I woulnd't do anything.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Try to buy some drugs, if you get any, enough evidence.
    (Just as a side note too, the police seem to be clamping down on it all now, 6 raids this last 2 weeks on my road.)
  • Options
    Needless to say, I wouldn't recommend going to buy some drugs to prove anything - unless all your trying to prove is that your breakign the law as well.

If the music was really loud and someone off their head answered the door, well that does sound like pretty much every house party I've ever been to, so I wouldn't assume anything.

Might be best to deal with the situation based on what is actually causing the problem. If it's the noise then call the council and complain - it's easy for a group of pissed off people to wind themselves up imagining things, just so they can justify disliking a neighbour.
  • Options
    never mind. i could give more stuff thats kinda shift, but its just gonna sould like im making excuses. hes probibly just sellin fags to people.

never mind.
  • Options
    ring the police if you think something is really wrong, if there dealing drugs, the police will be happy to hear a call, never mind a 10 year old answering the door out his head, far fetched or not, do what you feel is best.
  • Options
    Is there any real proof that they are selling drugs?
  • Options
    lol love it when people start this 'nevermind' shit when they're running out of ideas
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    lol love it when people start this 'nevermind' shit when they're running out of ideas

thanks for that... hes probibly just sellin fags to kids instead. but we all find it suspicious that some young lad was round his at five in the morning. its not likly to be a relative and he does have bissines with the kids who fuck about on the industrial site round the back. theyve had the police in because of vandlism, one of my neighbores smokes weed, and there are a few people in my old scool who do do drugs.

i dunno, i can see that you just dont think my point is valid.

drugs are just something i dont particually want to be associated with.
  • Options
    thanks for that... hes probibly just sellin fags to kids instead. but we all find it suspicious that some young lad was round his at five in the morning. its not likly to be a relative and he does have bissines with the kids who fuck about on the industrial site round the back. theyve had the police in because of vandlism, one of my neighbores smokes weed, and there are a few people in my old scool who do do drugs.

Well tell the police if you really think something is up instead of writing on here.
  • Options
    fine. whatever.
  • Options

Why it unlikely that the lad is a relative?
  • Options
    g_angel wrote: »
    Well tell the police if you really think something is up instead of writing on here.

To be fair, this is a place where people can ask for advice from other people. Someone's perfectly entitled to explore how they feel about a situation.
  • Options
    Hmm I suppose a teacher should be able to tell the age of a child a bit more easily. However who knows whether the kid was acting oddly coz he was sleepy, lol I know even when sober I look a mess at 5am! :blush:

If the whole thing is true it's a shame but bar you phoning the police and them managing to get enough basis for a warrant, then them finding a large quantity of stuff in his house I doubt there is much you can do. Certainly don't confront him personally.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,284 Skive's The Limit
    Without any serious eveidence you could end up just casueing grief for somebody that doesn't deserve it and end up seriously upsetting a neighbour.

Lving near somebody that deals drugs doesn't mean your associated with drugs. Grassing somebody up for something they've not done will mean people associate you with being a pain in the arse.

This is something that you have to be careful about.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Whatever happens, telling the police is entirely upto you. people will be able to guess which way I swing,
    however if there really was a 10 year old in the address, under any sort of intoxication, be that drugs or alcohol then you really need to tell someone. The parents can do whatever the fuck they like, they'll get caught in the end with or without you saying something. If they're involving a young child in whatever it is they're doing then their parenting abilities need to be scrutinised, and by not saying anything you could be allowing a lot of harm to befall an innocent kid.

(All this is assuming there was a 10 year old off his head at the house).
  • Options

lol sounds like you live in some tiny village in the middle of nowhere that hates strangers for some reason :nervous:
  • Options
    lol sounds like you live in some tiny village in the middle of nowhere that hates strangers for some reason :nervous:
    Very League of Gentlemen hehe.
  • Options

lol i have images of hostel in my head :nervous:
  • Options
    This thread has displayed the slightly unpleasant attitude of some posters to people without a good knowledge of drugs.

Perhaps if we offered slightly more friendly advice it would be received better.
  • Options
    I know, god you guys, dont you think you are all being a little harsh? The words ´high´and ´horse´ come to mind. I mean, some of you straight away refuted what the poor guy was saying, and then he was humble enough to accept your opinions.

I would say... don´t do anything right now, but if it happens again, then refer it to the police. Hopefully it will just be a case of misinformation, but if it is affecting your neighbourhood/people under the age of 16 then you have every right to be concerned.