Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Average Time For Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi
I was just wonderring about how long the average time is for sex from penetration to climaxing?
Ive got a new gf and starting to worry about how long I should be lasting :confused:

Comments

• Options
    There's no set limit mate! You shouldn't worry about timing, it's not at all important. what's important is that you're enjoying each other and both getting what you want.

There are no 'averages' when it comes to sex, because quite honestly, we're all so so different in our likes, dislikes, attitudes and abilities.

Just stop worrying about, talk to your girlfriend about it, afterall she's the one who'll know what to say.
  • Options
    37 minutes, 22 seconds inc. dinner.
  • Options
    I just Googled, and all I could find was that the average length of time spent on foreplay was 19.5 minutes in Japan, and just over 20 minutes in China. I think I remember reading that the average was 4 minutes from penetration to climax. That'll probably be American men though. We in Britain expect a better show than that. :p

ETA: that includes men suffering from premature ejaculation. My sources tell me the average for men excluding those is 7.3 minutes. Remember, knowledge is power.
  • Options
    That'll probably be American men though. We in Britain expect a better show than that. :p

Yes, for we also have a reserve in our stiff upper lips :p
  • Options
    I just Googled, and all I could find was that the average length of time spent on foreplay was 19.5 minutes in Japan, and just over 20 minutes in China. I think I remember reading that the average was 4 minutes from penetration to climax. That'll probably be American men though. We in Britain expect a better show than that. :p

ETA: that includes men suffering from premature ejaculation. My sources tell me the average for men excluding those is 7.3 minutes. Remember, knowledge is power.

7.3???? SEVEN POINT THREE????? :confused: Blimey..I must have just been lucky in the past.....now I see why some girls just aren't bothered...7.3 minutes is hardly worth it!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    I have finished in barely a couple of minutes and also managed to go many hours. Depends who you are having sex with and put it bluntly, just how tight they are and how they feel.
  • Options
    I'm often compared to a proffessional golfer in bed.

3 strokes and always under par.
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

:lol::lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    I always try and last for about 15 minutes.
  • Options
    I've never actually counted, but it's probably longer than it seems. I hope it is anyway :)
  • Options
    I timed one of my exes and he was er 3 minutes and 11 seconds.

Ha i got such a hidin for that.
  • Options
    alex_smith wrote: »
    Hi
    I was just wonderring about how long the average time is for sex from penetration to climaxing?
    Ive got a new gf and starting to worry about how long I should be lasting :confused:

It varies loads for me and my boyfriend sometimes its about 5-10 minutes other times its like 30-45 minutes sometimes even longer tbh i dont really think it matters as long as you both get satisfied, Just dont worry about it just enjoy yourselves ;)
  • Options
    from the title, i was gonna come into this thread and post "about 10:30pm".
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »

POTW Surely?

:lol:

Although we need to work on your spelling
  • Options
    penetration to climaxing?

Yours or hers?
  • Options
    Me
    I dont think I could last 20mins! :nervous:
  • Options
    Lacy wrote: »
    I timed one of my exes and he was er 3 minutes and 11 seconds.

Ha i got such a hidin for that.

Ha. I'm sure one of my exes has done worse than that.

I'm sure he came in like a minute once (I say once but it happened quite frequently when he didn't see me for a while).
  • Options
    7.3???? SEVEN POINT THREE????? Blimey..I must have just been lucky in the past.....now I see why some girls just aren't bothered...7.3 minutes is hardly worth it!!!!

:)
  • Options
    seyi wrote: »
    :)

(True though...why bother?! :lol: )
  • Options
    Well depends on the situation but average 20 mins .. i dunno.
  • Options
    Anywhere from 30 seconds (when we were dating and living in 2 seperate towns and living at our parents places so "it" had to be quick :naughty: oh and we only saw each other once a month for a weekend ) to NOT AT ALL :eek2: Mind you we have a child who has this lovely habit of interrupting us by shouting one of us :mad: She is never going to have a sibling at this rate!
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Hi

There is a chart somewhere on the internet. There are varying steps in that scale of lenght representing different degrees of manliness. So always train a lot, you don't want to be embarrassed!!
  • Options
    Reciently Id but a film to play on my computer, startedhaving sex as it started, so I knew how long it had taken

19 minuets, for the first time that day seemed aboiut right at the time
  • Options
    I just try not to think or worry about it. Sometimes it doesn't take long, sometimes it does. Even if you finish quickly, that doesn't mean you have to stop having fun. Maybe you can go again if she is still up for it in 20 minutes.

Might as well not worry about it and just enjoy it. There is always next time.
  • Options
    Don't worry. These things on your change randomly depending state of mind. I used to be quick like 1-3 minutes, then with work moved to about 5-10 with the odd accidental quicky in between. Loadsa stuff happened randomly in my life, now im lucky if I finish at all (My head is just never quite in it anymore) I can go almost indefinately and have to use other methods to climax, this is not a good thing either. Don't let people tell you it is, for many girls it gets painful after a certain ammount of time not to mention it get tiring and painful for guys eventually if theres no lube around, friction works both ways. Plus its way easier to make Girls climax with your tounge or fingers anyhow so just foreplay for ages before, safe bet is use your tounge for approx 20 min depending; a statistic from Dr Pam Spurr that I have found covers most situations apart from toungue ache. Worrying buggers up your time of sex anyhow.

Sex is most fun when you tell yourself i'll do everything I can to please the girl, if its not enough tough I want to enjoy it too. Selfish attitude maybe but it seems to work wonders for both people. Confidence in the bedroom is attractive even if its faked, I would say about 50% of sexual pleasure is in you and your partners attitudes and the way you encourage mindstate in each other. So if you cum quick shes attractive your having fun, don't worry you have fingers/sex toys/toungue. And if you have trouble coming at all I have yet to succeed solving it, but I suspect relaxation is needed.

At a guess I would say 10-15 minutes maybe average. Its hard to tell many so many people say hours which I doubt is true in most cases. If it is im going to invest in the KY-Jelly company.

There are hundreds maybe thousands of techniques for improving sexual performance the more miraculous ones tending to be unlikely. For improving erections and stamina. Get fit. Eat well. Control your thoughts, but have fun. Don't worry.

If your genourous and considerate, and try hard to please her in the bedroom with what you can do and whatever lasting times you are able, and she is still obviously unhappy (don't be paranoid if shes really unhappy you'll know beyond all shadow of a doubt) then she is either really fussy or just a generally discontented person anyhow, and is probably not helping you toward her specific buttons and preferences in the things which dont go down (I definately think girls should say what they want and like, they are all so different) so its her fault anyhow.

Insecurities ruin sex.
  • Options
    Jericho_51 wrote: »
    Don't worry.

I don't think the OP is going to 'worry' now. This thread is so old that you have risen from the dead, that he is probably a walking kama sutra of sexual prowess and knowledge.

(Although it is a long and considered reply ... ;) )
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Teagan wrote: »
    I don't think the OP is going to 'worry' now. This thread is so old that you have risen from the dead, that he is probably a walking kama sutra of sexual prowess and knowledge.

(Although it is a long and considered reply ... ;) )

:yes: I'll close it now. Welcome to TheSite Jericho, keep posting. :)
This discussion has been closed.