Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Conflicting morals (hypothetical)

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
Imagine this happened:

You stumble and fall in the middle on the street, while a truck that has no brakes is speeding toward you. You know there's absolutely no way you can walk or crawl away in time.
Then somebody (who just happens to be the same "race" as you) comes and helps you get out of the way then barely escapes themselves.
This person has risked their life to save yours; surely you'd have to be grateful, right?

Then later you find out that, had you been a different "race", the same person would have just stood there and watched with a smirk.
Assuming that you're not racist yourself, how would that make you feel about that person?

---

Of course, this is all very extreme. But it should be interesting to see how several people would react to so total opposite feelings...

As for myself, I think I'd just be totally confused.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Lucky
  • Options
    Pissed off that I would owe my life to a racist bastard.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I'd still be grateful, just find them pretty unpleasant.

Lifes not black and white like that. There are lots of people I know with some unpleasant opinions and views I seriously disagree with. Some of them still count as good mates though.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    I wouldn't care.

I'm alive, they are entitled to their view... Just so long as they understand I don't want to hear it and that they are not important enough to me to waste my energy debating the issue.
  • Options
    id be pleased they had saved my life and that i hadnt been a different race at that moment in time
  • Options
    I'd be please then tell him i was an albino called Mustapha.

For the lulz.