Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Extra loan?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got a loan from my bank to pay for/cover a few things but I am just wondering, is it possible to get an extension on it to make it bigger?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    star* wrote: »
    I got a loan from my bank to pay for/cover a few things but I am just wondering, is it possible to get an extension on it to make it bigger?

Unlikely - you will most likely have to apply for a new loan, for a higher value.
    And then I can pay of the first loan with it, and use the extra for what I need?
    And then I can pay of the first loan with it, and use the extra for what I need?

Yes
    Is this quite a common thing to do?
    Is this quite a common thing to do?

Yes.

Although, personally, I would shop around to see if you can get a better rate.
    Cooool. Anyone know of a good one?
    I would also seriously question if you really need a loan as well and that you cannot finance your needs another way.
    Wyetry wrote: »
    I would also seriously question if you really need a loan as well and that you cannot finance your needs another way.

:yes:
    Cooool. Anyone know of a good one?

Apart from the obvious do you really need a loan question? A website such as money supermarket will be able to compare rates/terms for your needs.