Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

anti sickness/nervousness tablets?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was just wondering if there are any tablets or anything you can get to stop you feeling sick, or take the edge off. I've had a few job interviews recently and I'm starting a short term job this week (I'll probably have more interviews soon as well) and I just seem to feel sick from nervousness a lot.

The other week for example I had to go for a full day assessment for a job, the day before I went to visit my nan's grave so I felt a bit emotional anyway, but then that evening I found out my boyfriend was having mortgage problems and then my sister rang up to say my dad had just found out he has skin cancer. The morning of the interview I literally thought I was about to be sick the whole time from waking up right until I got to the place; so much anxiety about the job interview coupled with the other news from the night before just seemed like too much! Everything is fine now but I don't want a repeat situation in the future and I do seem to get the sicky feeling a lot whenever I think about some of the things I have coming up, e.g. starting the new job. Also sometimes the thought that I'm going to be sick, like in an interview situation, just adds to the stress and I end up feeling more sick.

I've heard kalms are quite good for stress but do they do anything to combat the sicky feeling? Thanks to anyone who can help!

Comments

• Options
    There's stuff called Bucastem (that's spelt wrong but I can look it up). It's an anti sickness thing mainly used to treat naseau as a side effect, but I'm guessing that's not what you're after.
  • Options
    camomile tea might help...

its good if your feeling sick and to calm you down...

but don't get tea bags, get some loose dried herb and stick it in a tea strainer...
  • Options
    5mg diazepam will set your nerves straight without any associated confusion!
  • Options
    Peppermint is a good natural remedy for nausea, and I find that mintyness in my mouth always makes me feel less sick. Plus I find chewing gum helps a little to distract me from nervousness.
  • Options
    Go and ask the advice of your local pharmacist.
  • Options
    Pop along to your GP or chemist and they should be able to advise you on an anti-emetic which may help :)
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies! The stress aspect of things I can cope with, but it is just the feeling like I am about to puke aspect that I hate! I will definitely try the teas suggestion and then check out the pharmacy depending on whether that helps or not.
  • Options
    i suffer from anxiety and nausea.. one medication that combats both is called ativan (lorazepam). it's in the same class of drugs as valium (called benzodiazepines) and has anti-nausea and anti-anxiety properties

good luck!
  • Options
    There used to be these herbal things about called 'Kalms' not sure if it was just psychosmatic but they worked for me.