Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Anyone at London University of the Arts?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I'm applying to Saint Martins and London College of Fashion this year: just wondering if anyone who has gotten into LUA can share any advice, be it on portfolios, interviews, housing etc.? Cheers!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'm not there but i do know people that applied and its ridiculously hard to get in. What exactly is it that you want to study?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'd never heard of it before and neither had my husband who is a grapic desinger and went to art school yadda yadda

Anyway i checked out their website and apart from St Martains they all seem reasonably easyish to get into - or not having that hard a reputation to get into - i know loads of people who went to lcf and camberwell. Also the person i know who went to St Martins isn't THAT special so just go ahead and apply really...

Oohh and as with any art school its all about your portfolio so work on it to death. Your university shoudl be able to help you with housing however the ususal london univeristy things apply don't bust a gut to live in zone 1 as its very expensive instead expect to commute and live in zone 2/3 or even further