Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Car boot sales

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone sell or buy at these? I want to have a clear out and I was wondering if it's worth taking my stuff to a car boot sale. They cost about £10 to take your car I think.

Anyone got any hits and tips!

Just want to know if it's worth it really? What sort of stuff sells well at car boot sales? Do you sell much or end up coming home with most of it?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    NO REPLIES!!! :crying:
    ha aww. i had a car boot sale last year to get rid of some of my extra junk. iv only had one though so im not an expert or anything. i'd say...pick a popular car boot sale location, one where people do visit. get there early! people were trying to buy my stuff as we were carrying it to the table and it was only 6am :o i'd price things as people sometimes dont like asking, and you can always go lower on the price if people want to haggle. i borrowed a clothes rail off my aunty and i found that clothes sold really well! mainly mine and my sisters stuff. other stuff that sold well was old boardgames from when we were little, dvds, giftsets that id gotten for christmas but never used (people bought them for presents for this year). wrap up warm if its gonna be a cold day, me and my friend were FREEZING! make sure you take some carrier bags and some change.

and errr, thats all i can think of :D we made about £90 on mine which i was quite happy with. the only thing is the stuff you dont sell you're just left with at the end and we really didnt want to take it home with us. i think mine is still lingering in the garage. hehe. :)
    Argh 6am, the ones round here don't open until 9 - much more reasonable! I've heard about people trying to buy stuff when you haven't laid it out yet, and even going in your car! :crazyeyes
    You might find although it officially starts at 9 you will have to be there much earlier to get a pitch.

My only tip is don't be tempted to go around any buy up a load of stuff from other people's stalls that you really don't need as it will just end up back on your stall in another few months time!
    The idea of the boot sale is to get rid of as much crap as possible, so be prepared for stupid offers. Someone tried offering me 30p for an xbox.

After i'd hit them with it, they increased their offer to 50p.

I wanted a little more than that lol.

DVDs, CDs and any smellies u have - like unused body sprays etc sell well, as do clothes and mobile phones - even the older ones! (Just make sure you re-store manufacturers settings and get rid of anything you might have left on:chin: you might not want things appearing on the internet:eek:)

I'd say for a 9am start, be there for bout 7.30, 8am, cos it will be busy!

Don't forget not to go looking at other stalls...and get a bacon buttie:hyper:
    Do they do carboots in November?

Round my way, carboots are generally a summer/autumn thing and finish around Sept. If you can find a decent carboot in november, go for it.

Other than that, there's always ebay - the online carboot!
    Yeah, they do have them in November. There's one near us that's all year round