Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

extension

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
how would i go about asking for an extension on an essay?

a lot has happened this week and i just cant concentrate.

this would be the first time i would have asked for an extension.

an essay is due in on thurs (the planning is pretty much done. i dont feel able to complete it) i just want to go home.

another is due in mon. no planning done.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    what are you studying? Not sure if i can help with your study but maybe ask your teacher/tutor if it is possible for you to extend the date for your essay. Sometimes they can help you. What else is making you get a bit behind?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Should just be a case of seeing your year/head tutor and explaining your problems to them, fill in a form and the year tutor will normally take care of everything else, the same applies to time away from Uni.

This is the policy in da Hud anyway.
  • Options
    Okay thanks. My cousin is in hospital.

I went to see my personal tutor today and he was really supportive. Have extended it. Apparently I just need to get it done before xmas really but he advised to do it sooner because the reading will catch up on me. He also said I can have leave if I need to go to see her and he will clear all of this with my seminar leaders.
  • Options
    Awww ace tutor.

Mine doesn't even respond to my emails, he forwards them to the undergraduate administrator! I have to make an appointment with her to go see him if I want to discuss things it seems :P

Glad you got it sorted, hope things pick up for you soon!
  • Options

yup im lucky, he is really cool
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Glad you got it sorted Wifeby :thumb: