Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Home Income Systems

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No I said that people suppress your ideas, but at the same time they talk about getting rich and expect to get rich without any sort of plan or investigation of how they could make it possible.

currently on day 12, I really see the potential in this but thats not what I've came here to boast about, just want to chat with genuine people who have made or are making money on the internet. You obviously don't or you would have shared your experience by now.
    I wondered how long it would take a link to appear.....
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I wondered how long it would take a link to appear.....

I didn't come here to spam or give out my link.. the poster above that asked me and I told him..

:thumb:
    You think I put you down because I want to be rich?

You'd get better feedback from folk on here if you discussed exactly what it was you were wanting to do. There have been so many dodgy schemes over the years that most people know someone who has been taken in by one, and it's inevitably turned out to be of little real value...

Sorry - just to say in balancing it up it's probably best that the link isn't up here.
    'uneducated'? :o

I gave you a useful tip, it's an incredibly easy way to make money! There isn't an investment in the world that is without risk. You can trawl eBay, find a car for £200, phone them up and make an offer, pick the car up, fix it up, sell it on Autotrader for £800.

It would take plenty of time and is not worth it compared to doing something full time, but if you are doing -nothing- its easy. The professionals do it all the time but obviously they have made a bigger investment and make more money from it. The only point at which it becomes unprofitable is when there are no more bargain cars to had be on eBay but as it is there are more and more cars in the world and a good portion of people selling them second hand aren't sure of the value.

I got my motorbike for £800 - the market price for POOR condition of it's year is £1300. Of course most are sceptical about the idea of making money off the internet - how big is the market of internet buying? Well, pretty big admittedly if you're Amazon or a shop with a web front-end but for someone investing £20 what realistic returns can they expect? If it was that good, everyone would be doing it - that's how the economy works (and fails when everyone gets it wrong :p).
    You think I put you down because I want to be rich?

You'd get better feedback from folk on here if you discussed exactly what it was you were wanting to do. There have been so many dodgy schemes over the years that most people know someone who has been taken in by one, and it's inevitably turned out to be of little real value...

If it helps you any, this is where I found the idea.
    Hi - just say we've removed the link you've posted. After the team took a look at the page it was pretty clear it only contained two actual pages.

One of these was the link that was already considered inappropriate - the only other link on the page takes the user to a page that refuses to let you leave - at least without clicking OK on a scripted window. It won't even allow you to close down your browser.

Money making schemes like these are rarely legitimate - and a page promoting one that won't let you leave is entirely inappropriate for this charity to link to.
    not done any of this online marketing stuff, but when i was younger at college i regularly made £1000's a month selling video game stuff and DVD players etc...which i imported from singapore etc...

was a good business, steady trade, just all got a bit dodgy in the end tho which i wont go into.

Sold the site for a few ground, and left it at that. spent all the cash i made as quickly as it came tho, but was a fun few years.

so it is possible to make money, just not too sure about these scheme things, it reminds me of that Louis Theroux episode.
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    No I said that people suppress your ideas, but at the same time they talk about getting rich and expect to get rich without any sort of plan or investigation of how they could make it possible.

currently on day 12, I really see the potential in this but thats not what I've came here to boast about, just want to chat with genuine people who have made or are making money on the internet. You obviously don't or you would have shared your experience by now.

It is wrong to assume I've made no money from the internet. I have, and I turned down a lot more because I felt it was unethical to sell the site rather than retire it. We closed the site down at our peak - both in terms of revenue generation as well as visitors to the site. I was offered a five-figure sum to sell the site, which I declined. Despite writing the site from the ground up, and spending countless hours doing naff editorial stuff and forum moderation, I felt that I couldn't accept money for the hard work of everyone else who contributed over the years.

We received consoles and hardware from the major manufacturers before they were on general release. We had a massive supply of pre-release hardware and software coming to us each and every day. We were invited to countless trade shows, and even had a few folk on television.

Never assume anything about people. You'll often find that people keep their gob shut because they choose to do so, not because they've not achieved anything.
    Fair play mate, but you were being negative and I reacted negatively. It's a pity your site was closed down.. Have you ever ventured into making another site yet?
    I'm negative because the vast, vast majority of money making "systems" are purely pyramid-based schemes that result a few making money, by taking it from those gullable enough to part with it under the premise of making money themselves.

I don't regret closing the site. It was the right thing to do, from most angles. The money would have been nice, but money isn't worth squat in the grand scheme of things.

Do something because you want to, and do it to be the best, not to make money. Making money should be a side-effect of what you do with your life, one doesn't reap all that much reward from it.

Fast cars and big houses don't help to make your life feel fuller. Satisfaction from what you do each day does.

I have no interest in starting a new site at the moment. Maybe one day I'll have a thought about something in particular, and realise the niche is there.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    What makes me laugh is when you see an advert in some bloke's car...

"Want to make upto £500 extra cash a week?"

Shame, his car is a clapped out old rover innit!

Personally, though me not being a mod and that, I think this is a bit spamish and should be closed.

No-one is particularly interested as we all have an ounce of common sense about us!
    I'm negative because the vast, vast majority of money making "systems" are purely pyramid-based schemes that result a few making money, by taking it from those gullable enough to part with it under the premise of making money themselves.

I don't regret closing the site. It was the right thing to do, from most angles. The money would have been nice, but money isn't worth squat in the grand scheme of things.

Do something because you want to, and do it to be the best, not to make money. Making money should be a side-effect of what you do with your life, one doesn't reap all that much reward from it.

Fast cars and big houses don't help to make your life feel fuller. Satisfaction from what you do each day does.

I have no interest in starting a new site at the moment. Maybe one day I'll have a thought about something in particular, and realise the niche is there.

I get satisfaction becasue I'm learning a new way to make money
    I caught the link before it was removed, my friend had tried something similar, they did not make money!
    I've seen lots of these about over the years and they're soooooo tempting because they sound so good, but so far I've resisted temptation because deep down I know its a scam.

I always think though "What is £20 if it does actually work" lol and I think thats how a lot of people end up been scammed by them.

As always said on The Real Hustle "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

I'd like to know if/when you stat making money Lucid-life?
    Although I presume with the comments already made in this thread, you wouldn't come back on and say you'd made nothing and maybe come and tell a few fibs just to save face.