Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Currently on Codeine...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey im on codeine for the first time. i just did a cold water exstraction on about 17 500para/8cod tabs. put them in a bottle of cold water shook it up let it dissolve then filtered it through a few layers of a shirt. its quite nice. definately quite weak, i feel a bit more chilled, maybe sleepy, itching a bit but its not unbearable at this dose. i did it about an hour ago and am still feeling effects all be it not strong. anyone else tried this. i was feeling quite depressed and a bit angry before and now im feeling quite ok.i know i know its adddictive so im not gonna make it a regular thing just wanted to try it. anyone got any comments about their experiences on codeine.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Having a few boxes of pure codeine would go down good wouldn't it?

HAHAHAHAHA :D
    i was feeling quite depressed and a bit angry before and now im feeling quite ok.

Never a good state to start playing around with opiates in...also remember that if you get the cold water extraction method wrong (i.e: you don't remove all the paracetamol) you won't know until its too late - dose slowly and incrementally...
    Lucid-Life wrote: »
    Having a few boxes of pure codeine would go down good wouldn't it?

HAHAHAHAHA :D

haha fucking prescriptions.
    Never a good state to start playing around with opiates in...also remember that if you get the cold water extraction method wrong (i.e: you don't remove all the paracetamol) you won't know until its too late - dose slowly and incrementally...

i know i know. :impissed: anyone know of a very good and effective method of the cold water exstraction mine was rather crude.
    cold water extraction is pretty fool proof provided you do it correctly

id ditch the 8/500's and try n get your hands on some 30/500's (easily prescriped as kapake, cocodamol and solpadol iirc)

its alright for a change but i wouldnt bother with the whole process (especially if theyre in tablet form and not capsule, theyre a right cunt to get crushed properly) too often

the itchyness is annoying as fuck!!

i did the extraction about a month ago with 15 x 30mg capsules .. 50mg of diazepam on top of that and a loada joints later and i got a nice chilled buzz, bar constasntly scratchin my fuckin nose :mad:

they're handy for taking the edge of a come down .. if you can manage the bitterness of it without throwin up the contents of your stomach :yuck:

also smokin a bit of green is meant to potentiate it and i have found this to work myself!
    z- wrote: »
    cold water extraction is pretty fool proof provided you do it correctly

id ditch the 8/500's and try n get your hands on some 30/500's (easily prescriped as kapake, cocodamol and solpadol iirc)

its alright for a change but i wouldnt bother with the whole process (especially if theyre in tablet form and not capsule, theyre a right cunt to get crushed properly) too often

the itchyness is annoying as fuck!!

i did the extraction about a month ago with 15 x 30mg capsules .. 50mg of diazepam on top of that and a loada joints later and i got a nice chilled buzz, bar constasntly scratchin my fuckin nose :mad:

they're handy for taking the edge of a come down .. if you can manage the bitterness of it without throwin up the contents of your stomach :yuck:

also smokin a bit of green is meant to potentiate it and i have found this to work myself!

yh igot the ones im on now on prescription they wont give me anything stronger cos im on them 24 7 have been for months and their worried about adiction and all that shit. im itching a fair bit now althou most of the effects have gone im just itching lol i will try the greeen smoking dont have any atm thats why i tried the codeine lol
    you can buy 8's OTC!

tell em they aint killin your pain properly ;)
    z- wrote: »
    you can buy 8's OTC!

tell em they aint killin your pain properly ;)

i know you can but this way they are free. i have they aint giving me anything else, ive asked twice now.
    heh not doin it right then

the docs is the easy bit ;)
    I'm on DH Codiene everyday for my back.
    Hate them.
    i have to take an amount that makes me itch too much to be bothered with it now,
    Taking an anti-histamine helps with the itch. Even at doses <100 mg I get itchy, it's really annoying. Even worse than DXM.
    The itch is terrible I remember taking something at school can't remeber if it was codeine or not.. but I sat at the back of the class with an extremely itchy head.. with the teacher sat staring at me (cos he knew I'd taken something). I had to ask him could I leave to the toilet where I tried in vain to stop it by throwing cold water over my head.. It releived it but the itch still stayed. :yuck:
    i know you can but this way they are free. i have they aint giving me anything else, ive asked twice now.

8/500 is the lowest dose around, you can buy stronger than that over the counter. If you are in pain then you need to discuss this with your doctor and get stronger medication, there is no reason for you to be in long term pain. Depending on the type of pain and the causes ibruprofen might actually be more effective than 8/500, but that is something you need to discuss with your GP.
    budda wrote: »
    8/500 is the lowest dose around, you can buy stronger than that over the counter. If you are in pain then you need to discuss this with your doctor and get stronger medication, there is no reason for you to be in long term pain. Depending on the type of pain and the causes ibruprofen might actually be more effective than 8/500, but that is something you need to discuss with your GP.

they really wont give me anything because im on it 24/7 havebeen for months now and proably will be for gthe forseeable future. ive talked to different doctors and they dont want me to suffer codeine addiction along with depression, anger problems, and an undiagnosed serious rheamatoid disease. i have tried ibuprofen, naprosin and dicloflenix, none of which help any noticeable amount. im going to be put on muscle relaxants soon to see if that will help but my hopes arenyt too high. stupid doctors. im really gonna try to get some 30/500 thou next time i see him. im fed up with this.
    i agree 100%. i know this thread is about codeine, but the first time i IVed heroin was because i was fucking depressed and angry because i'd just had a massive fight with my parents.. i'm only 19.

opiates and opioids are fucking addictive, stay away!!!!!
    Codeine worked for the most part in terms keeping pain manageable when my back is bad, but the side effects are pretty bad - I struggled with depression & feeling completely stoned, and it had withdrawal symptoms that came with it. Good for when absolutely necessary, but not otherwise.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hi Subject180 - this thread was posted in 2008 so I'm going to close it now. Feel free to start a new topic if you'd like to continue the discussion. :)
This discussion has been closed.