Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Chasing up job applications

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've applied for a job in the local council, it's an ongoing post so there isn't a deadline. I've applied for a job at the council before and not even got a letter of rejection - just never heard anything from them! I really want this job so how long should I leave it before I contact them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    3 weeks?
    if there's an email address you could always email and ask when they're likely to let people know.
    The email address is for HR where the application forms go so I'd be more inclined to ring. Just don't want to ppear too pushy, but I don't want to miss out! I really really want it!
    well when you ring you dont have to give your name, you can just ring and ask when they'll be looking at the applications so you know when's best to send yours (even though you already have.)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I would just phone with the premise of checking to see if they have received your application form. If they say 'yes, we have' ask them when it is they plan on making a decision.
    Kat_B wrote: »
    well when you ring you dont have to give your name, you can just ring and ask when they'll be looking at the applications so you know when's best to send yours (even though you already have.)

Its ongoing so I guess they'll just be looking at them as they come in

I know they have my form because they sent me a confirmation letter, just wondering how long to wait before I chase it up if I haven't heard anything