Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

diet supplements

not sure if anyone will have any knowledge on these sort of things but out of these two, which one do you think is the best?

http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/prodView.asp?idProduct=315

http://www.bodyshapersfitness.com/prodView.asp?idProduct=900

i can only afford to buy one right now but dont know which one to choose.

i will be doing the whole healthy eating and exercising thing too. just want something to help me out a bit thats all.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've used Hot Rox Extreme, and it does work, to great effect. I'll tell you straight though - it will blow your head off. I was also training hard, and eating plenty of the right food.

Have you got your eating in order, yes?

If you insist on using them, read the recommended dosing, but take it even slower. 1 x capsule, twice a day. Don't even think of setting onto 2 x capsules for a good couple of weeks as you will just feel sick as a dog and very skittish/light-headed. This is very strong stuff. Even when using them 'properly', I usually had one in a morning, and two in an afternoon.

You won't necessarily 'lose weight', with these. You will lose bodyfat though, which is much better. Just don't be focusing on what the scales are telling you.

PM if you want more advice.

Straight up - if anybody has any eating issues, do not use these.

What are your goals?
    thanks for the advice. i've just ordered some of those :)

my goals are to lose a stone and a half as i've put on alot of the weight i lost just before i met my boyfriend back in april. i've been neglecting my gym routine and diet BIG TIME. time to get into it again. feel SO unfit and podgy.
    thanks for the advice. i've just ordered some of those :)

my goals are to lose a stone and a half as i've put on alot of the weight i lost just before i met my boyfriend back in april. i've been neglecting my gym routine and diet BIG TIME. time to get into it again. feel SO unfit and podgy.

What did I just say about not focusing on the scales. :yeees: How about you get a bodyfat measurement, and train to reduce that. Lower bodyfat = leaner, and more *shudders at the word* 'toned' look.

You said in an earlier post that you're size 10. Why set such an unrealistic and probably unnecessary goal of 1.5 stones? How tall are you, etc? What will dropping 1.5 stones take you down to? I can't imagine such a drop is honestly necessary.

What are your workout routines? Are you going for the ridiculously inefficient "go for an hour on the cardio machines" nonsense or are you going to have structured workouts?
    when i was that much lighter, i was a size 6-8 and thats what i want to be again. its not just my boyfriend that has been making comments, people at work are too and my family have mentionned my weight gain. my weight goal isn't unrealistic because ive been that weight before.

like i say, ive been neglecting the gym lately (so my workout routine doesn't exist right now!) because ive been spending so much time with my boyfriend but thats about to change. no, an hour on the cardio machines bores me. i prefer weight training if anything but i like to combine the two. i realise this can make you gain weight though which is why im not going to concentrate on the figures and im going to use a tape measure. that why, ill be sure im actually losing weight and not just water.
    when i was that much lighter, i was a size 6-8 and thats what i want to be again. its not just my boyfriend that has been making comments, people at work are too and my family have mentionned my weight gain. my weight goal isn't unrealistic because ive been that weight before.

like i say, ive been neglecting the gym lately (so my workout routine doesn't exist right now!) because ive been spending so much time with my boyfriend but thats about to change. no, an hour on the cardio machines bores me. i prefer weight training if anything but i like to combine the two. i realise this can make you gain weight though which is why im not going to concentrate on the figures and im going to use a tape measure. that why, ill be sure im actually losing weight and not just water.

Using the tape measure is much better than using the scales. Seriously, get a bodyfat test done - it's an excellent way to track progress, as the tape measure will surely stop going down when you start to put a little muscle on (not that you will bulk up).

This will do nicely: Calipers

When you got down to a size 6 or 8... was this through normal, healthy methods, or were you using questionable techniques?

As long as you're doing it right, all good with me.

Also - I wouldn't worry about too much muscle weight gain. If you knew how hard blokes have to work out to put on a few pounds of muscle (with our much higher testosterone levels), then it wouldn't even be a weight on your mind.
    ooh i didnt know stuff like that existed
    g_angel wrote: »
    Using the tape measure is much better than using the scales. Seriously, get a bodyfat test done - it's an excellent way to track progress, as the tape measure will surely stop going down when you start to put a little muscle on (not that you will bulk up).

This will do nicely: Calipers

When you got down to a size 6 or 8... was this through normal, healthy methods, or were you using questionable techniques?

As long as you're doing it right, all good with me.

Also - I wouldn't worry about too much muscle weight gain. If you knew how hard blokes have to work out to put on a few pounds of muscle (with our much higher testosterone levels), then it wouldn't even be a weight on your mind.

ooo callipers. might get myself some of those.

is there anywhere i can get my bodyfat measured professionally? those machines you see in boots and stuff never seem to be accurate. plus, my mate who studied sportrs science at uni said they only measure your upper body fat.
    they've arrived :hyper: :D

i bought a cool exercise bike too yesterday so i can work out lots at home as well as the gym. you can work out your arms on it too. its like a cross trainer but errr a bike. its a belt one too and the resistance can be changed so its unmovable :eek: thats a good thing mind :thumb:
    they've arrived :hyper: :D

i bought a cool exercise bike too yesterday so i can work out lots at home as well as the gym. you can work out your arms on it too. its like a cross trainer but errr a bike. its a belt one too and the resistance can be changed so its unmovable :eek: thats a good thing mind :thumb:

Some tips:

Don't take the Hot Rox after 4-6pm or you won't be able to sleep.

Recommend the following (well, this worked for me):

Take one right before you jump in the shower in a morning (I tended to follow that up after the shower with an Actimel as it gave me a bit of heartburn - I have issues with that anyway, so not a specific side effect).
    Take the second dose (of one or two) around 3pm.

You may find they make you need to poo a bit around 30 minutes after taking them. This is normal. You may also find you sweat (especially your palms), feel bloody hot, shake and feel a bit disorientated the first few times you take them.

Remember to take them with a decent glass of water.

Also, don't go crazy on the working out. Please. Make a plan, and stick to it. Don't be spending hours on the bike just to burn calories (I can't help but thinking buying that bike was a mistake :( Please, PLEASE prove me wrong :)).
    g_angel wrote: »
    Some tips:

Don't take the Hot Rox after 4-6pm or you won't be able to sleep.

Recommend the following (well, this worked for me):

Take one right before you jump in the shower in a morning (I tended to follow that up after the shower with an Actimel as it gave me a bit of heartburn - I have issues with that anyway, so not a specific side effect).
    Take the second dose (of one or two) around 3pm.

You may find they make you need to poo a bit around 30 minutes after taking them. This is normal. You may also find you sweat (especially your palms), feel bloody hot, shake and feel a bit disorientated the first few times you take them.

Remember to take them with a decent glass of water.

Also, don't go crazy on the working out. Please. Make a plan, and stick to it. Don't be spending hours on the bike just to burn calories (I can't help but thinking buying that bike was a mistake :( Please, PLEASE prove me wrong :)).

oops!! i took one just after i posted that post! thanks for the advice though :)

that was about 30 minutes ago now. when do the side effects kick in? im interested to see what the side effects actually are! (eta - just got a pm - ignore this question anybody!)

won't go too crazy on the working out. welll, will try not to!!!!! :lol:
    oops!! i took one just after i posted that post! thanks for the advice though :)

that was about 30 minutes ago now. when do the side effects kick in? im interested to see what the side effects actually are!

won't go too crazy on the working out. welll, will try not to!!!!! :lol:

Just keep it under control. Over training is a common problem, that people don't know about.

Yeah, don't take them within 6 hours of bedtime, but I'd say that could be cutting it close. Midafternoon is a good time to aim for.
    woahhhh, my heart is going fast now!!!!!! bloody feel so awake too. my eyes won't look weird will they? i can't tell! don't want it looking like im on owt at work!
    woahhhh, my heart is going fast now!!!!!! bloody feel so awake too. my eyes won't look weird will they? i can't tell! don't want it looking like im on owt at work!

Hahah, no, you won't look like you're on anything (wonky eyes, etc) - possibly a bit flushed though. You may also start bouncing around a bit, hyper-styleee, which could give something away, but that will settle as you get used to it. Just say you had a strong coffee or something.

Keep plenty of cold water to hand, you'll need it :)
    nah. im usually hyper. ill bring in lots of diet coke or something and blame it on the caffeine.

just feel as though my eyes are widdddeee open, haha.

water isn't a problem, i drink about 2 litres from the machine at work each day anyway!

eta: you were right about the whole feeling happy thing! :D
    Excellent!

Well, fingers crossed you'll be reet on them. :) You should be fine - and I found the one in a morning was an excellent way to wake me up before I got into work.
    *twiddles thumbs*

im usually knackered and asleep by now :|

think i might go on my exercise bike for a bit. im full of tonnes of energy! might knacker me out a bit :lol:
    what do they have in them? speed?
    Caffeine plus lots of other stuff i don't recognise from the ingredients list on the bottle i have sitting on my desk.
    Caffeine plus lots of other stuff i don't recognise from the ingredients list on the bottle i have sitting on my desk.

oooo do you use them too?

have you had any luck with them?

ive read mixed reviews on the net (90% good) and im trusting g_angel on this one as he knows his stuff.
    what do they have in them? speed?

:no:

i wouldn't take illegal drugs to lose weight.

eta: http://www.biotest.net/readTopic.do?id=1066793
    And how is this magic pill different than throwing your money away? AKA any other diet pill. :crazyeyes
    this isn't a diet pill as such. its more a fat burner. it supposedly works. if g_angel says it does, it must do. either way, it had my heart racing before :eek: ive got tonnes of energy but we'll see how that helps my workout tomorrow :) oooo and weirdly, ive not been hungry at all so maybe it works as a appetite suppressant too? :chin: anything that reduces my appetite is a good thing :lol: i can be a right greedy bitch!
    it says only suitable for people accustomed to strong stimulants, so im guessing its just a legal speed thing.
    oooo do you use them too?

have you had any luck with them?

ive read mixed reviews on the net (90% good) and im trusting g_angel on this one as he knows his stuff.

It seems to have helped, side effects do calm down a bit once you've taken them for a bit. First few times i took them it did feel a bit like i was starting to come up on something, lol.

Either way i do have more energy and more alert, and it can't just be the caffeine cos i used to abuse that a lot and it didn't affect me this much.
    it says only suitable for people accustomed to strong stimulants, so im guessing its just a legal speed thing.

Actually had a closer look at ingredients list, apart from the caffeine, non of the rest of it is your typical sort of stimulant like ephedrine or any other sort of amphetamine like substance.

it isn't speed though? it doesn't contain anything speed does.

its safe to use.

haha. maladjusted, i dont do drugs but i felt like that too. i was bouncing around my room like a weirdo!!!!!
    just because its legal, doesnt make it safe.
    just a warning. Plenty of illegal things are relatively safe compared to plenty of legal things.

It sounds like a good quick fix. Im tempted myself, but id be interested to hear if you have any side effects, or how you feel when you stop taking them, or even whether you manage to sleep tonight
    still widddeee awake. im normally asleep between 10pm-11pm most nights as im up at 6am each day and get realllly tired. should be ok tomorrow as ill just take another pill. think i might take my evening/afternoon pills at lunch time though.

i think this is all pyschological though because ive convinced myself im not gonna sleep!

eta: managed to get to sleep within half an hour or so within posting this. will just make sure i dont take any too late in the day today :lol:
    Biotest products have been tried, tested and proven as safe and very effective for years - they're safe, and certainly don't contain any amphetamine/ephedrine etc. http://www.t-nation.com is one of the biggest and most respected training forums/sites on the net, and www.biotest.net is their sister site, where they sell top quality products. Several of their products have won awards from the training community.

They're not what I would call a quick fix, but they certainly do work. When used in conjunction with hard training and a good diet, I dropped 4% bodyfat in 6-8 weeks at one point - all the while, I actually gained weight as I was putting muscle on, so a diet pill, they are not. They are not something where you can shovel pies down your neck and still get away with it - you have to work with them.

Definitely avoid taking them after 4pm, as you will have trouble sleeping, for sure. There are a lot of stimulants in there, but none of them will do you any harm.

You will experience some appetite suppression, especially at the start, but I found that I was super-hungry approx 1-1.5 hours after taking them. It was back with a vengeance as I was training hard and your body needs fuel! I still managed my 5 or 6 meals a day etc on top of these. I would recommend, if you are experiencing the appetite suppression, to have a piece of fruit approx 1.5 hours after taking them and it will get things back in order. Just a case of training your body.

You don't feel any different when you stop taking them. This is not a product where you have to 'load' or even take them continuously (although obviously for best results, following a plan is the better idea). This isn't anything where you will find any withdrawal etc etc - there is no way I would touch something for training that formed any sort of physical dependance.

There are no long term side effects (apart from lower body fat ;)), but personally, even though it would work, I wouldn't take them if they were not part of a training regime. Just smacks of being lazy/cheating which just isn't me.