Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Inconsiderate BASTARDS

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm posting this for 2 reasons, firstly because I need a rant. Secondly because some of the people concerned read this site. No names mentioned but they'll know.

Today I was woken up by people coming in to the house at 4.30am having a good old natter nice and loud then proceeding to put chavvy dance music on til 6 o'clock despite me asking them to turn it down 3 times. A 4th time would have seen a hammer going through the speakers, followed by numerous heads.

And 10 minutes ago one of them asked me to turn my computer speakers down as my email notifications are loud and waking them up.

Well yes, I turned them up nice and loud because I want you f****** w****** to know what it's like being woken up when you're enjoying a sleep.

And no, I'm not turning anything down.

......aaaaand relax :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well they shouldnt be going to bed at silly o clock in the morning. I could undersand them asking you to turn your speakers down if they were on shift work or something and ndeed the sleep.

But if they have just been out, and havnt slept because they put chav music on till silly o clock, then thats their own fault.
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Although I must say, I have given up being considerate when others are in bed because the amount of noise people make in my house when I need sleep is ridiculous. I mean, is it really necessary to walk around a stone floor for an hour in high heels at 7am before you go to work? No, I don't think so! :banghead:
    Two wrongs don't make a right but it certainly makes me feel satisfied. They've done this once too many times and now I'm fighting back. I've got no issues with people coming in at stupid o'clock and having music on as long as they keep it as quiet as possible. They clearly knew it was too loud from my reactions. And with some songs they even turned the volume up a bit!

Arseholes.
    Look, if I heard that "Put A Donk On It" song played loudly and repeatedly for 3 hours, I too would want to go on a killing spree.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Skive wrote: »

Sir/madam, I am in your debt.

That was fucking awesome and has made me feel 10 times better :D
    Woohoo! Got woken up at 7am this morning by the hifi downstairs being played nice and loud!

My bath towels get used by other people, when I complain about it I get told "don't be such a square" :D

My milk get drunk by other people - when i comment I get "Oh ok so I'll just starve to death then" :D

One of them has a boyfriend who likes to bring his dog around - and the dog loves wipe its nose in the front room carpet :D

I just love this :D

So: Loud music from hifi? I'll just connect the positive and negative wires together on the speakers.

Bath towels? I'll buy some itching powder and sprinkle it on (making sure I don't use them!)

Milk being drunk? I'll buy a new pint and lace it with some liquid laxatives :)

Dog being allowed to wipe its nose on the carpet? I'll sprinkle some pepper on the carpet beforehand :)

It won't harm the dog other than crazy sneezing for a while, don't worry.

Revenge is childish but when at the end of your tether, it can be very satisfying :)
    You're going to completely ignore this, but thought I'd offer some sensible advice anyway...

Loud HiFi at 7 am isn't massively unreasonable, that's the morning, and while asking them to turn it down is completely reasonable, damaging it is somewhat excessive. If it was the middle of the night then fair enough.

If you don't want people using your towels then keep them in your room.

If you're living together it probably makes sense to share milk, especially if that's whats happening anyway. Put a tally chart on the fridge and take it in turns to buy 4pint milk bottles. Better for the planet and less goes off, win win win really.

I'm sure your tenancy agreements doesn't allow pets, gently point this out and ask that the dog stays outside. You can make yourself sound all sweet and considerate by offering to get it a 'bowl' (empty plastic tub) of water for it to have outside.

Putting pepper on the carpet is just plain stupid, the dog may not even notice, you might make it ill, but basically you'd have to pepper the entire carpet on the off chance the dog might come round and wipe it's nose on that particular bit. Makes a lot of mess for no benefit.

It's always worth keeping the upper hand in shared house stuff.
    You're going to completely ignore this, but thought I'd offer some sensible advice anyway...

How did you guess - I'm moving out soon anyway ;)
    Loud HiFi at 7 am isn't massively unreasonable, that's the morning, and while asking them to turn it down is completely reasonable, damaging it is somewhat excessive. If it was the middle of the night then fair enough.

This sort of thing happens each and every week regardless of my asking them to turn it down. All I get is "we live here too you know".
    If you don't want people using your towels then keep them in your room.

Everyone's towels are in there, it's where we keep them
    If you're living together it probably makes sense to share milk, especially if that's whats happening anyway. Put a tally chart on the fridge and take it in turns to buy 4pint milk bottles. Better for the planet and less goes off, win win win really.

We buy our own milk (I tend to go through a lot due to my work-outs) and I put initials on my cartons.)
    I'm sure your tenancy agreements doesn't allow pets, gently point this out and ask that the dog stays outside. You can make yourself sound all sweet and considerate by offering to get it a 'bowl' (empty plastic tub) of water for it to have outside.

Putting pepper on the carpet is just plain stupid, the dog may not even notice, you might make it ill, but basically you'd have to pepper the entire carpet on the off chance the dog might come round and wipe it's nose on that particular bit. Makes a lot of mess for no benefit.

I've been told by a reliable source that it won't make the dog ill (apparently it used to be used a lot by owners stopping their dogs from going in to certain rooms) and if it gets spread about well enough I shouldn't miss any areas.
    It's always worth keeping the upper hand in shared house stuff.

I probably won't go through with any of this. I'm just angry and ranting makes me feel better. I just can't comprehend the selfishness of some people. Like I said I'm moving soon so they can kiss my arse :D

They don't know I'm going (landlord does) so I'm sure they'll have a nice surprise knowing they can play music whenever they like without hassle.
    it sounds infuriating! i would keep the towel in your room until you move out, someone else using it would just seem gross to me :yuck:
    Sharing a towel is beyond manky, no way would I dry myself with the same thing somebody else has dried their balls or whatever else on.

My flatmate works till 3am some nights, came in this morning banging and making a noise. Slammed the door on my way out at 7am this morning out of sheer spite :thumb:
    Granted it's half 5 in the evening but downstairs they are playing Sandstorm by Darude (awesome tune btw) so loud that when the bass kicks in the tea in the cup on my computer desk is vibrating like when the T-rex turns up in Jurassic Park....
    Granted it's half 5 in the evening but downstairs they are playing Sandstorm by Darude (awesome tune btw) so loud that when the bass kicks in the tea in the cup on my computer desk is vibrating like when the T-rex turns up in Jurassic Park....

Sounds like I would have dished out some beatings by now, to be honest.

7am for loud music is WAY to early to be anything less than fucking rude.
    sound like a borin cunt
    Skive wrote: »

Lol what sort of eejit runs in and out of their house like that? I bet he wasn't even in a hurry.
    z- wrote: »
    sound like a borin cunt

:D

Speaking from experience it'll probably never get sorted, just get your own place fella!

How old are you? If it's a group of young lads think you've just gotta chill out about it. Know we've put our neighbours through a lot worse in the past few years :razz:

You and the people in question into totally different scenes? And what's 'chavvy' music by the way?