Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Pregnacy Testing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:heart: Hello, I am just looking for some advice on when I can take a pregnacy test... I am due on my period on Sunday I think!!!
I am nt very sure of how long my cycles are though???
Or should I just wait and let nature tell me!! :wave:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Most tests are accurate enough to detect the hormone around 10days after ovulation (if you know when you ovulated), but they still recommend you wait till the day you are due your period. First time round i tested two days before i was due my period (also the 10th day after ovulation) and got a pretty decent positive.

And btw, all my first positive tests were with cheap cartridge tests so don't think the branded ones are more accurate. :p
    Do you think it would be worth me gettin a first responce one??
    I found out very early with first responce so depends how patient you are.
    i would wait till saturday or sunday, unless youve got loadsof those cheap £1 tessts and can afford to keep using them, otherwise it can become a pretty expensive obsession. I know in poundland they have 3 tests in a box for £1 at the moment.

I have got all my positives from cheap tests. Theyre just as good. The earliest ive got one is 11dpo
    There is also the factor that first response tests show you weather the egg has been fertlised but not if implantation has been sucessfull - so you could show positive but then not actually be pregnant as your egg doesn't implant. Does that make sense.

So not to get your hopes up most doctors don't reccomend you test until your a few days late
    well no test will tell you if you might miscarry, thats for sure but by the time a test would show positive, implantation would have happened and the hormone levels will be fairly high
    I just took a normal tesco test 3 days before i am due on and that says NEG so do you think its a vaild result
    Totally depends when you ovulate aswell. I had a negative test the day i was due on but it turns out i ovulated the day or so before i was due on and not 14 days before like most people.
    My cycles were all over the place though from 29-37 days.
    I just took a normal tesco test 3 days before i am due on and that says NEG so do you think its a vaild result

no. If it was positive it would be valid, but since its negative, id just test again on the day your period is due if you dont come on
    I had 2 negatives when I was pregnant, and one was on the day I thought I was due on! I got my positive a week later.

Good luck. :)
    i got 4 negatives this time round then when my period didnt show up for another two weeks i tested again and got my positive. Wait and see how it goes, give it a few days and see what happens

Good luck :)
    i got a negative with this pregnancy and then the next day tested again...i thought it was another negative but there was THE faintest line...the next day i had a strong positive...i tested 2 days before i was due on, the day before and the day i was due!

and as the others have said...the cheapy tests are just as good as the expensive ones!
    leave it a week and chill out, if it aint flowing then, get a test and find out.