Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Mac vs. PC (PIC)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.freshbite.info/fnews_1224745936_11096.htm

As a Mac user, I found this pretty funny because it's partially true - at least before the transition to Intel.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can play spore on both mac and pc.

Don't slag off either of them! >:[
    Precisely, you can only play shit games on a mac.
    You can play The Sims too on a mac :)
    CoolMe wrote: »
    You can play The Sims on a mac :)
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Precisely, you can only play shit games on a mac.

These two points to not refute themselves :razz:
    http://www.apple.com/games/

I will defend the best of both worlds!
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    These two points to not refute themselves :razz:
    Shocking!

The Sims WINS.

Sims THREEEEEEEEEEEE next year :hyper:.
    Franki wrote: »

Wooo!
    Wooo!
    Rich said I might not be able to play it on my laptop though :(.

I'll just have to install it on his ;p
    Franki wrote: »
    Shocking!

The Sims WINS.

It's actually quite ok. I enjoyed making really long mazes in the garden (going through pools) for the pizza delivery boy. I laughed, when he went through all that crap, swam through the pool, ringed the bell soaking wet with a soggy pizza making you pay too much.

Or Create a family and see how distantly related their offspring has to be before they can breed again.

And my all time favorite: Sim Serial Killer
    1. Make a single, average white male, in his mid-20's.

2. Befriend the entire neighborhood, but not to the point where anyone loves you. Just make it so you're all on good terms, and keep to yourself. That way, if you're caught, the neighbors will all say "he was an average guy...quiet, kept to himself."

3. Go into town, and pick up a random girl, who you don't know, from the bar. Bring her home. Then call her into a room with no windows in it. Tell her to stay there, and then leave. This is when you delete the door.

4. At this point, you can do any number of things. Make the room progressively smaller. Wait till she's almost dead of hunger and then give her some food to prolong the suffering. Constantly wake her. But the end result should still be the same: death.

5. In another room with no windows, and no door, place the urn from when she died. This is your trophy room. Another good thing to do with this is, if your Sim has a high art skill, have them paint a portrait of the victim first, and then put the ashes in front of the portrait. That way, you can have a face with the corpse you're storing.
    Where's the bit that says "Playstation 3: $399" complete with a screenshot better than both of them?

As if anyone cares any more. Some of my favourite games were on the SNES, and the most popular console is the Wii, which doesn't have very good graphics.
    It's actually quite ok. I enjoyed making really long mazes in the garden (going through pools) for the pizza delivery boy. I laughed, when he went through all that crap, swam through the pool, ringed the bell soaking wet with a soggy pizza making you pay too much.

Or Create a family and see how distantly related their offspring has to be before they can breed again.

2. Befriend the entire neighborhood, but not to the point where anyone loves you. Just make it so you're all on good terms, and keep to yourself. That way, if you're caught, the neighbors will all say "he was an average guy...quiet, kept to himself."

3. Go into town, and pick up a random girl, who you don't know, from the bar. Bring her home. Then call her into a room with no windows in it. Tell her to stay there, and then leave. This is when you delete the door.

4. At this point, you can do any number of things. Make the room progressively smaller. Wait till she's almost dead of hunger and then give her some food to prolong the suffering. Constantly wake her. But the end result should still be the same: death.

5. In another room with no windows, and no door, place the urn from when she died. This is your trophy room. Another good thing to do with this is, if your Sim has a high art skill, have them paint a portrait of the victim first, and then put the ashes in front of the portrait. That way, you can have a face with the corpse you're storing.

Wow?! Twisted, much?
    Strubbles, you have mental issues :)
    I was mad on the original Sims in 2001, the same year that I had Final Fantasy-mania (FF 7 & 8). For some reason though, I never got into Sims 2. My PC was more than capable of running it.. I dunno, it just didn't grab me like the first game did. As a fan though, I'm interested to see what the 3rd game will be like.
    The first version was great, now the second one came along and it built upon it and gave a better experience. I could never go back to version one :)
    Pfffft, nice example games in the link.

Top Mac games include Civ 4, Neverwinter Nights 2 and Call of Duty 4.

PC? Halo, which is 75 years old and a atari compilation with 80 classic games.

PC users can suck my balls :razz:
    who cares, games are shit?
    katralla wrote: »
    who cares, games are shit?

this.

Who would buy a mac for games anyway? :confused:
    You! So you can use bootcamp and put windows on it and take advantage of the high specs in a sleek design!
    O_o wrote: »
    this.

POTW?
    Strubbles, you have mental issues :)

yeah, that's what my quack said too... "hahaha, well mr. quack how do you feel about my mental issues now?" - "please, let me go, I have family and I am starving." - "silly doc, I can't hear you *puts finger in ears* LA LALAL LALALA LA, nobody can. BWAAAHAHAHAH."
    And my all time favorite: Sim Serial Killer.... Another good thing to do with this is, if your Sim has a high art skill, have them paint a portrait of the victim first, and then put the ashes in front of the portrait. That way, you can have a face with the corpse you're storing.

:yeees:
    Mist wrote: »
    :yeees:
    I don't get why that's :yeees: worthy? Everybody builds Sims just to have fun killing them, he's just taking it to a new level. I thought it was quite clever ;o.
    The really scary people are those who play The Sims far too seriously.
    StrubbleS is funny :p.

But PC games are pretty good, but you have to be into them really. All different sorts of games for different sorts of people. Same with Mac although it's just a smaller selection.

I know plenty of people who spend lots of money on a really fantastic gaming PC to run everything at maximum settings, and it's not sad (although its easy to stereotype it) its just a different interest. Having said that you can have a fully functional PC playing all the latest games for £400 which isn't bad considering.

Fallout 3 in 2 days.
    PC!

Not a fan of mac.

ahahah i thought that was funny as fuck :D its just a GAME people relax
    JumpinJen wrote: »
    Not a fan of mac.

Why?