Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you playing right now...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do the dailys on the Isle, that's 100g+ a day for 30 minutes work, plus drops. If you do the four in Nagrand, Blades Edge, Terrokar and Shadowmoon Valley that takes it up to about 150g plus you get the chance of a Badge of Justice.
    Also WoW. Still levelling the same character (hunter) I had a year ago, but I didn't have time to play much over the summer and I didn't play her for a long time (I got bored, it happens) but now I'm 65 and I reckon I can get her to 70 before Nov 13th easy.
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Do the dailys on the Isle, that's 100g+ a day for 30 minutes work, plus drops. If you do the four in Nagrand, Blades Edge, Terrokar and Shadowmoon Valley that takes it up to about 150g plus you get the chance of a Badge of Justice.
    I've been on QD once since I hit 70 and didn't do any of the quests. But half an hour = 100g, that's pretty decent.

Instead I spent about 3 hours farming thorium to level up my blacksmithing skill around un'goro and silithus.... Farming sucks.

Shame that WotLK has to come out a month before I'm due to submit my PhD..... :grump:
    im currently stuck on the final part of Gears of War 2, its been a OK game, as good as the original, it looks pretty but theres not much depth to it.

Dead Space - Enjoying this too, havent really got into it much yet

Guitar Hero WT - great fun as always

Fallout 3 - really cant get on with this, im giving up on RPGs after trying this

Far Cry 2 - i dont see the appeal, theres too much wandering around not doing much for my liking
    I'm more excited about Mirror's Edge than anything else I've seen for years. Who knows if it will deliver but it looks like exactly what I've always wanted from an FPS...

Fallout 3... fall out three... amazing, enthralling, overwhelming... masterpiece.
    I'm playing WoW a couple of nights per week, although I have been a subscriber for almost 3 years now. That includes clearing the oldskool Molten Core, Blackwing Lair and AQ20/40 when the level cap was 60. We didn't do so well in the Burning Crusade expansion - we had Karazhan on farm and the occasional Gruul kill but that was about it. I will buy the next expansion but I haven't got it on pre-order.
    I'm playing quite a few games at the moment.

Fable 2 - Fucking good game, but I've nearly completed it and I still don't think it's lived up to my expectations.

Bioshock - Only bought this the other day, for 105 fucking dollars... but man is this game good? Scares the crap out of you, it's so twisted.

Star Wars KOTOR - My favourite game of all time, I installed it on my laptop and started playing it again. Never gets old.

Football Manager - What can I say? I'm always playing this game!

Fallout 3 sounds sick... never played any of the others...can you get it on xbox 360? I'd buy it now but I've spent way too much money on games recently.
    Ratchet and clank and DBZ: Burst limit.
  • Flake_MustaineFlake_Mustaine Posts: 1,261 Wise Owl
    ...Speaking of Knights of the Old Republic and MMO's the new Old Republic MMO Bioware just announced sounds like its a more story driven and less endless monster bashing. Sadly, I'm excited by it all ready and it probably won't be ready for at least a year :crying:

http://www.swtor.com/info

Can't wait for this one either!!

I'm still plugging away at WoW. Have a Pally who's 65. Trying to cap before WoTLK comes out, it'll be close!

Console-wise, I started Persona 3: FES on PS2 this week, a choice RPG so far! Fable 2 and Fallout 3 are on my shopping list, but I won't purchase until I'm ready for them :)
    I really want to pick up a PS2 for Persona 3 and 4, well to honest for any of the recent Megami Tensei related games - big fan of the designs and Persona 2 on an emulator just isn't cutting it right now.
    dawn of war. for the emperor indeed!
    Playing a great game... It's called "Stressful day at work, but we're finally getting somewhere".

Sweet.
    Was playing abit of Farcry 2 last night, drunk. Was alrite.
    Jim V wrote: »
    I always seem to spend more time playing games than listening to music, watching movies or reading these days so thought I'd try a thread to see what people are playing at the moment. That way us gamers aren't left out in all the other threads. -

Anyway - currently playing World of Goo

ahhhhh the tumbler :mad:
    Currently playing COD 4 and COD world at war, Hopefully GoW 2 tomorrow.
    Fallout 3 is immense!!
    Got a question though, does anyone (Jim) know where to find Ian West? I need to give him that letter from his sister. I've searched in the 3 places that King told me the Family might be hanging out by...all I found was Super Mutants!
    as of right now im playing gears 2, endwar, and the new cod
    also playing nhl 09 so i can try to get rich off my video game skillz
    LittleBigPlanet
    Mist wrote: »
    LittleBigPlanet

Im goin to buy that some time this week
    COD4 online it's cool but think it's time for a change
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Fallout 3 is immense!!
    Got a question though, does anyone (Jim) know where to find Ian West? I need to give him that letter from his sister. I've searched in the 3 places that King told me the Family might be hanging out by...all I found was Super Mutants!

Glad you're enjoying it - I've just about finished my first play through but I've picked explorer for my lvl 20 perk so now want to visit every single location before starting over as a bad-ass unarmed bastard :)

Actually I nearly missed this one myself - you know down in the metro at one of the three locations there is a ghoul running a meth lab who wants you to bring him packs of sugar bombs to make hyper-jet tabs?

You can ask him about the family and he mentions a tunnel leading inside. Now I really don't think this is clear at all but the tunnel is actually inside his lab. He'll let you walk around inside and then just look for a grate you can enter.

The tunnels are pretty cool but watch out for some nasty mirelurks and some really well set up traps. Nice way to make some caps though if you want to grab the mines around.

Anyway you'll find the family down there and trust me, don't go in guns blazing, it's a pretty fascinating quest. Let me know how you resolve it all and I'll see how it compares to me :)

Btw - Fallout 3, best game I've played right up until the last 30 seconds. I'm sorry and don't let this spoil the game (it's still a masterpiece) but the ending moments aren't what they should be...

Currently having a go of Valkyrie Profile on epsxe - always been fascinated by the premise and the games cool, if insanely complicated once you get into it. Roll on the Policenauts translation (6 known bugs (2 major, 3 intermediate, 1 low) 7 patches to implement (6 small-medium size, 1 very large) Disc 1 Alpha has been played all the way through - just for all the total geeks out there who even know what the hell I'm talking about ;) )
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Was playing abit of Farcry 2 last night, drunk. Was alrite.

The best example of a game that has an amazing first few hours and then gets shockingly repetitive for the next 30... Seriously it makes Assassins Creed look like the most varied game ever made.
    Glad you're enjoying it - I've just about finished my first play through but I've picked explorer for my lvl 20 perk so now want to visit every single location before starting over as a bad-ass unarmed bastard :)

Actually I nearly missed this one myself - you know down in the metro at one of the three locations there is a ghoul running a meth lab who wants you to bring him packs of sugar bombs to make hyper-jet tabs?

You can ask him about the family and he mentions a tunnel leading inside. Now I really don't think this is clear at all but the tunnel is actually inside his lab. He'll let you walk around inside and then just look for a grate you can enter.

The tunnels are pretty cool but watch out for some nasty mirelurks and some really well set up traps. Nice way to make some caps though if you want to grab the mines around.

Anyway you'll find the family down there and trust me, don't go in guns blazing, it's a pretty fascinating quest. Let me know how you resolve it all and I'll see how it compares to me :)

Btw - Fallout 3, best game I've played right up until the last 30 seconds. I'm sorry and don't let this spoil the game (it's still a masterpiece) but the ending moments aren't what they should be...

Currently having a go of Valkyrie Profile on epsxe - always been fascinated by the premise and the games cool, if insanely complicated once you get into it. Roll on the Policenauts translation (6 known bugs (2 major, 3 intermediate, 1 low) 7 patches to implement (6 small-medium size, 1 very large) Disc 1 Alpha has been played all the way through - just for all the total geeks out there who even know what the hell I'm talking about ;) )

I really want to try fallout but i heard to really complete the game its over 200 hours of play

even the main story is like 60 hours or something
    With all the games im into i cant focus on that right now

But i keep hearing how awesome it is
    It's awesome but it's not that length - you could hammer it in 10 - 15 hours and maybe 40ish with a proper go at exploring and teh side quests. The length that was being knocked about pre-release was clearly including mutli-playthroughs.

Good stuff though :thumb:
    Yeah that ghoul died shortly after I found him, he was attacked by one of those creatures and his friend isn't very talkative, so I didn't get to ask about the Family. I found those tunnells anyway though, went through all the traps and came out by a train yard. No sign of the Family at all....some dude tried to mug me at the train yard but I scared him off.

One more problem for you Jim....on the Galaxy news radio mission...I hooked with those brotherhood of steel people and found the GnR plaza. But when I speak to them on the intercom, they tell me they're busy. What the fuck?? lol
    There should be a behemoth attack that you have to defend against at the building, maybe trying fast travelling away and coming back or chatting some more to them.

In the tunnels, go back in from the trainyard and look around properly, there is a parrallel tunnel to the one with the sewer entrance that should lead you to the hideaway of the family.
    Far Cry 2. It's not too bad but i wonder if it is the proper game as it's only 3gb.
    Currently working through Gears of War 2 on Hardcore, after completing it on normal.

Gonna get hold of Fallout 3 soon enough. Heard the new COD isn't as good as COD 4 because they've switched developers. Can someone confirm this?
    They've been using Treyarch for the off'year games for a while now (The Big Red One (?), COD3, etc).

Traditionally they've weaker than Infinity Ward and the games haven't had the same impact. However in this case the game is better than expected, at least for me. It's grim, tough stuff and looks amazing and is probably the best WW2 shooter I've played - with a great zombie bonus at the end that I've enjoyed much more than, at the least in demo form, Left4Dead.

It's no CoD4 though

Kotaku's review probably sums up my feelings best.
    They've been using Treyarch for the off'year games for a while now (The Big Red One (?), COD3, etc).

Traditionally they've weaker than Infinity Ward and the games haven't had the same impact. However in this case the game is better than expected, at least for me. It's grim, tough stuff and looks amazing and is probably the best WW2 shooter I've played - with a great zombie bonus at the end that I've enjoyed much more than, at the least in demo form, Left4Dead.

It's no CoD4 though

Kotaku's review probably sums up my feelings best.

:lol: @ that video on Treyarch link. WTF?

Seems like it's a worth a rental at least. Too many games about at the moment, not enough money.