Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

High Heel Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently bought some very nice black patent heels with an inbuilt platform sole from boohoo.com - OK I was going to put a link here but it won't work, if you go on the Boohoo website though they're called Phoenix and are £20 - with the intention of wearing them to my staff Christmas do. The problem is, although the shoes do fit, as they're really pointy they're obviously a bit snug round the toes and as they're so ridiculously high I'm going to need some serious walking practice and to do all I can to prevent them hurting. I'm not too bad in high heels generally, although I've never worn ones this high - I don't think I'll be needing to walk very far in them on the night, and hopefully won't be standing for massively long periods, but I was just wondering if anyone has any tips for a) making them more comfortable round the toes and b) wearing them out without crippling myself. I'm going to be using the Party Feet gel cushions and have been trying to wear them round the house as often as possible over thick socks (extremely sexy I assure you), but is there anything else I could do?

Comments

• Options
    Don't use the Party Feet things. They will make it worse. The one time I've ever used them I couldn't walk from the pain, and they weren't even particularly high heels.

I think just carry on with what you're doing, if the toes are gonna be your biggest problem then the big socks will probably help stretch them.
  • Options
    i dont usually buy pointy shoes because i dont like the idea of them squishing my toes, but if i do i tend to buy a size/half size bigger than i normally wear. Would you be able to exchange them for a bigger size?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I dont have any new suggestions, but the socks whilst at home is probably your best bet.

I have to disagree with Franki, I like party feet. They are expensive, and I dont use them often but when I do they work a treat :)
  • Options
    they sound great but do you wanna go to your party lookin like a hoe?
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    I dont have any new suggestions, but the socks whilst at home is probably your best bet.

I have to disagree with Franki, I like party feet. They are expensive, and I dont use them often but when I do they work a treat :)
    Really?!

They killed me :(.

Also, maybe if the pointy toe is gonna be an issue in terms of squishage then they might not be a good idea because they're restricting the space even more...
  • Options
    What makes you say that?

The shoes are in the attachment.
  • Options
    cyclonehoes3.jpg

:no:
  • Options
    Olive wrote: »
    cyclonehoes3.jpg

:no:
    :lol:
  • Options
    ahahaha! actually really laughed. :D
  • Options
    Keep wearing them in the way your are. I also put scrunched up newspaper in the bottom of one pair of my shoes to keep them strethed when I'm not wearing them.
  • Options
    I'm no help, but i have the same shoes. I haven't worn them yet! I am on saturday so if i get any tips from that i'll let you know!!
  • Options

:confused: I don't see what's hoe-ish about them...? It's not like I'm going to be wearing them out with a fishnet dress and no undercrackers.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I've got to say I've used the Party Feet thing before and have found them helpful, so I'm probably going to use them on the night...fingers crossed they'll stop the balls of my feet hurting (although you could be right in that it may cause more toe squishage :( ). Purplebutterfly, I had the same thought - I'm keeping the toes stuffed with tissue paper and socks in between wearing them round the house. Dinted, please do let me know how you find them! I've got a mate who's got several pairs of very similar shoes (the New Look versions) and seems to handle them OK but she wears high heels a lot so is more used to them. Practice seems to be the key...
  • Options
    high heelz iz 4 skanks, bitch!

If you happen to have a thick, or thicker pair of socks, wear them when wearing them around the house. I find it helps to break them in a bit as well :)