Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Windows 7

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Yay I made the first thread of the OS

Anyone been watching the Windows PDC?

Gave a wew demo of it and I've gotta say some of the features are really cool and it's about time they came out with these type of things. It will be interesting to see the min requirements (Not the ones written on the box/web) but one's that allow you to use it so its fast and nifty :)

I like the whole Homegroup stuff, The dude was saying that not many people can use workgroups. But (we) Use them all the time right?

Anywho, The guys at the PDC has the beta! :mad:

Guess It's time to get searching for those torrents ey!

Comments

• Options
    I quite liked the idea of the cloud. I mean, I know its been coming for years :P and I've been saying "theyre going to have everythink on central servers and you'll login to your PC". Now they say they're going to have windows azure where you will have applications and files and everything stored on a central server and you'll login to your PC and enter your user name and password and it will remotely log you in. I mean linux has had x-server for years but this is taking it MAINSTREAM.

Imagine having 5 pcs in your house, one for files, one for applications, one for movies, etc. and just one keyboard and mouse whereever you wanted them. Then you just type login and boom its there. Except you no longer need the 5 pcs in your house, they're at Microsoft's data centre. You only need a keyboard and mouse! (And monitor if you have no telly :p)
  • Options
    But that's surely not good for windows vista / 7?

People not buying lots of pcs = less people buying there windows product?

I'm looking forward to everything working together, i.e mac, pc, phone!

I'm glad they've announced mac compatibility! Hope they will incorporate Nas storage into this as well!
  • Options
    coolme the licensing will just be per virtual machine like they do with VMWare atm....