Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

2nd date ideas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok...how I've got to 26 and not actually done the whole dating thing I don't know but I'm really stuck for ideas.

1st date he chose and we went to a Mexican restaurant, followed by cinema and he was driving so I invited him in for a drink when he dropped me home...6 hours later we actually stopped talking and he went home. We had a really good evening and I do really like this guy, but want to take it reasonably slowly as I'm still feeling a little burnt from my last rel.

Anyway, he's left it in my hands to decide what we do as a 2nd date. I want something that's light hearted and going to lead to possibly touchy flirty situations as I seem to have gone shy with lack of practice and he's fairly shy. He's 31 and fairly mature as well so needs to be something reasonably sensible.

So has anyone got any ideas to help me out?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bowling is the key
    Comedy club? Not a lot of talking, admittedly, but lots of laughs.

Bowling, as suggested, could be a winner.
    Greyhound racing. Horse racing. Camel racing.
    Dogging?
    Stop worrying about the location and think more about getting laid ;-)
    bowling is the key

:yes: And maybe you'll get the chance to have less space between the two of you as you both struggle to show each other the perfect throw :naughty:

Besides that, all kind of activities that'll let you do things together while still being able are appropriate if you ask me. Pool, table tennis, other games. And try to find out what he likes beforehand, perhaps you're in touch with someone who knows him well?
    I've got to agree with the bowling suggestion. It's a tried and tested one for me and it always works! Aside from the fact you get to enjoy the view when he bends over, (and vice versa, most likely!) a bit of competition can show some very revealing traits in a person.
    Cheers guys. Bowling had crossed my mind, but all the bowling alleys round here seem to be full of screaming 13/14 year olds and I wasn't convinced that was possibly the best setting, but you do all seem sure of this so I might well give it a whirl.

He did suggest last night getting out for a walk in the afternoon and then seeing where the mood took us later weather dependent. Otherwise I wondered about something like an aquarium where there's lots to look at and discuss.
    Kazbo wrote: »
    Otherwise I wondered about something like an aquarium where there's lots to look at and discuss.
    Hmm... an aquarium, eh? Must admit that I hadn't thought of that one. *thinks about it* Yep, I can definitely see that one going well.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Hmm... an aquarium, eh? Must admit that I hadn't thought of that one. *thinks about it* Yep, I can definitely see that one going well.

Me too, I reckon that'd be a really fun, different date :)
    StupidGirl wrote: »
    Me too, I reckon that'd be a really fun, different date :)

So does he...it's all arranged. :D:nervous:
    Yay! I want to go to one too. I'm going to drag my boyfriend to one whether he likes it or not! :D
    yeah! Aquariums are super.
    I love things like the zoo, museums and aquariums etc its fun and there is always something to talk about.