Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Babyliss YouCurl

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone used these?? (see link below)
http://www.youcurl.co.uk/
Im hopeless with doing anything with my hair other than straightening, and these seem good! Would love comments from people who've used them.
Also, do you guys think they'de work well on shoulder length hair (if, for example, you twisted the barrell sooner, rather than at the end of the hair piece as it shows on the video??)
cheers
L+C

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This looks great! I have shoulder length hair so I'm wondering the same as you - because on the model the top is straight with the curl starting lower down. Although I think if you turned it sooner you'd get a nice curl.
    kangoo, my thoughts exactly. ive got some spiral curler things, but uve gotta wind the strand of hair around the barrell, which i struggle with at the back ,LOL
    Well I've just had a look and they're only £10-£15 on ebay so not the end of the world if they're not that great!
    oooo, in that case think i may buy some (whenever i get some cash) and il have to report back....u gonna buy some?

has no one on here ever used them??
    I might ask my boyfriend for them for a Christmas present but I definitely want some!

They kind of work on the same principle of curling with straightners which is quite effective but a bit fiddly because there's nothing to hold onto at the end while you're twisting so I find the curls are a bit hit and miss

The only thing is that the plates are quite big so you're only ever gonna get very big, loose curls which may be a problem for us shoulder-length types. I shall think about it