Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What are you playing right now...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I always seem to spend more time playing games than listening to music, watching movies or reading these days so thought I'd try a thread to see what people are playing at the moment. That way us gamers aren't left out in all the other threads. -

Anyway - currently playing World of Goo, Far Cry 2, the English fan translation of Mother 3 and in really geeky moments - 1960

World of Goo is amazing btw, I'd really recommend checking it out.

Oh and just starting Dead Space but the viewpoint is really doing my head in - I seem to be too far to the right for my liking (and yes - I had no problem with RE5)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've just finished devil may cry 4 & crash bandicoot warped.
    I'm now playing medievil.
    does it have to be a console game? because I am hooked on Desktop Tower Defense right now!
    Tropico :D
    does it have to be a console game? because I am hooked on Desktop Tower Defense right now!

nope, any game's fair game :)

I remember really enjoying Desktop defense a while back :thumb:
    It's so good! I've never played it before but it's all I've done this week haha. I can complete the medium level but that's it so far :D
    Just Guild Wars. I still watch a ton of StarCraft replays however and follow the recent leagues. Warcraft 3: tft too (mostly replay watching, not playing, however).
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    Just Guild Wars. I still watch a ton of StarCraft replays however and follow the recent leagues. Warcraft 3: tft too (mostly replay watching, not playing, however).

Must be looking forward to StarCraft 2 then, or are you worried they will ruin it?
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Does nobody play Halo 3 on here? Will school anybody that does.
    Weekender Offender 
    I'm currently playing lego Indian Jones on the DS...I can only play things that are 3+ anything else and I can't do :blush:

Had a quick go of Dead Space and the new Fables one at work...Dead Space just scared me lol
    I'm really looking forward to Fable 2 - the orginial promise so much and failed to deliver in the end but I'm hearing the sequel really does the idea justice.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Battlefield online :D
    Jim V wrote: »
    Must be looking forward to StarCraft 2 then, or are you worried they will ruin it?

Yep, I've been following the unit creation and new aspects they are bringing into the game, but I don't think Starcraft 1 can be beaten. It might be not so high-end in graphics, but SC never was about the graphics anyway. I think SC2 is a worthy newcomer even tho I'm usually very careful with praising sequels.

Strategy is amazing in sc, you just have to watch a game which is commented, every little crap counts and it's just so beautifully balanced.
    Lord of the Rings Online, though I'll give it a break on Friday when Fallout 3 comes out
    Ah, good old fallout - easily one of my top ten fav series of all time. Quite looking forward to the character creation bit in 3... don't think anyone else has ever had you being born in a first person perspective before now.

Tried LOTRO and WoW but in the end both ending up feeling like too much work, wish they could find a way to get rid of grinding in MMOs
    Cake Mania 3 because I am obviously an awesome adult who uses her time constructivly. Not to mention that I so deserve to add a game like that to a thread like this :o

I've given up on Diner Dash Seasonal Snack Pack. It is hard and I dare anybody to disagree :p
    Animal crossing (but then that never really ends), super mario galaxy and smash brothers brawl.

I some new games.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nothing new these days. I'm replaying Dreamfall and Super Paper Mario.
    harvest moon: island of happiness on ds :D im such a harvest moon fangirl. i even got it off ebay cos its not out here yet. i LOVE it.

animal crossing i play occasionally too. and im a bit addicted to the trial version of beautiful katamari on my boyfriends xbox. its so weird and good!
    Cake Mania 3 because I am obviously an awesome adult who uses her time constructivly. Not to mention that I so deserve to add a game like that to a thread like this :o

I've given up on Diner Dash Seasonal Snack Pack. It is hard and I dare anybody to disagree :p

Cake Mania 2 ?! haha that sounds awesome!
    GoodFella wrote: »
    Cake Mania 2 ?! haha that sounds awesome!

What are you retarded? Cake mania 2 is soo last year. Its cake mania 3 now, Janes wedding cake or something :p

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/genres/25/time-management.html

I dare youto play it and tell me it still sounds awesome :p

Ooo, cooking dash, gotta get that one, whats that about a 7 page essay due tomorrow that I havn't started yet? I dont know :(
    Jim V wrote: »
    Ah, good old fallout - easily one of my top ten fav series of all time. Quite looking forward to the character creation bit in 3... don't think anyone else has ever had you being born in a first person perspective before now.

Tried LOTRO and WoW but in the end both ending up feeling like too much work, wish they could find a way to get rid of grinding in MMOs

Fallout 2 has to be 3rd best computer RPG of all time (Planescape Torment is the best, followed by KOTOR)

Speaking of Knights of the Old Republic and MMO's the new Old Republic MMO Bioware just announced sounds like its a more story driven and less endless monster bashing. Sadly, I'm excited by it all ready and it probably won't be ready for at least a year :crying:

http://www.swtor.com/info
    Lego Batman (fun if short)
    Tomb Raider Anniversary on the WII (annoying controls)
    Just reinstalled Neverwinter Nights 2 on the PC, and have been replaying Half Life 2.
    God dammit! Far Cry 2 is boring me half to death 50% of the time and then making me think it's one of the best sandbox games the other half of the time.
    Think if you hated oblivion it might not be for you - it's clearly taking a lot of the same design cues. Basically - I think you'd need to enjoy the roaming around nature of oblivion to like it - though maybe it'll be tighter and more based on moral choices (which would match the expection of fans of the first two games)

Gotta say it's finally getting tempting to save up for a ps3 - the consolevania and 1up coverage of little big planet blew me away.
    LEGO Batman and Fifa '09 - and still some beijing 2008 olympics when I need to um .. practice my right hand waggling action
    Good ol' WoW, though the plague thing for the expansion has been doing my head in as i'm trying to level a warlock ( female :D )
    Fallout 3 is pretty good, its a huge game and there is loads of freedom on what you want to do and where you go....

I got about half way through and I did start to lose interest... but I'm not a fan of these sort of games anyway so it did well to keep me interested that far lol

Dead Space is pretty good... its a pretty straight forward kill anything that moves kinda game... but the graphics look good and the atmosphere is quite tence.
    I didn't like Oblivion - the plot just didn't grip me. Loved the first two Fallouts, so I'm hoping that it takes from these two the idea of having a strong story - if it has that I don't mind wandering around doing lots of little sub-plots
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Good ol' WoW, though the plague thing for the expansion has been doing my head in as i'm trying to level a warlock ( female :D )

I love MMORPGs - which is why I can't stand WoW. I know everyone loves it (and with 15m subscribers I'm the one in the minority), but I just found it boring and without any real depth to keep me playing longer than a couple of days.
    WoW as well. Woot.

Just hit level 70 a few days ago and all 2100g I had saved up was gone through buying my flier and enchanting some of my gear.

Sucks warriors need so much gear to be any good :(