Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Returning Items

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I want to return a dress, I have the receipt and the tag, but the tag isn't attached to the dress anymore (this is because I wore the dress out, but don't really want it, would prefer the 20 quid back instead!). Will I still be able to return it? Obviously I won't say I cut the tag off because I wore it out, I'll just say it got caught in a zip or something. The shop is H and M btw, if anyone knows their specific returns policy. Cheers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i didnt realise shops were a lending library?

I dont think they will take it back if the tag isnt on it unless there isa fault
    I think they'll take it back, just say there wasn't a tag on it in the first place and the sales person just put it through using tag off another dress or typing in the code... I'd rather have £20 than a dress from H&M too, lol.
    i hope they don't take it back, theres nothing worse than buying clothes and taking them home only to realise some other person has taken it home worn it!
    Just say it was a present and they took the label off but managed to dig out the reciept. They'll check it over though so make sure theres no signs of it being worn!
    I hope I wont end up with that dress. That is all I am saying.
    Dear Wendy wrote: »
    I hope I wont end up with that dress. That is all I am saying.

ii know, this makes me want to wash everything i buy from clothes shops now before i wear it, in case someones had it on a night out! do people do this anyway? wash things before they wear them i mean...
    Ewww, thats proper scabby! :yuck:

It was only £20. Just keep it.
    ii know, this makes me want to wash everything i buy from clothes shops now before i wear it, in case someones had it on a night out! do people do this anyway? wash things before they wear them i mean...

I dont.

when something is new, its the only time it looks ironed in my house
    :o Sorry! Just to say I don't normally do this, I am aware shops aren't a 'lending library'. I only wore it for a few hours, and not on a night out, so I wouldn't call it dirty! It was for a funeral, I didn't care what I wore just wanted something black, and I know I won't wear it again. I know it's really cheeky, just thought I'd give it a go!

Why wouldn't you? Think of all the people that have tried it on before you, not to mention all the various chemicals used for shipping, including fromeldhyde... which trust you me, places can claim they only use the "safe" and legal amount, but that is a load of bull, just read the news (give me a break if there is a "safe" amount anyways) Wow. I could write a book on why you should wash your clothes before wearing them. I didn't know people didn't. I'm shocked, quite frankly.

Wow. The thought of wearing new clothes right away has never even crossed my mind. It is just so natural to cut the tags and throw them in the laundry.

Plus all the starches they use to make them look all pretty and wrinkle free once they get to the shop... its just not comfortable straight off the hanger, if you don't care about cleanliness or health reasons!

Wow. The thought of wearing new clothes right away has never even crossed my mind. It is just so natural to cut the tags and throw them in the laundry.

well i think thats quite strange! im sure i musnt be the only one. im gonna do a poll in a separate thread, im so curious now! i think that when i get something new i want to wear it whenever i want, not have to wait for it to come out of the washing machine/drying it/ironing it. that negates the point of having something brand new haha. i do get the whole how many people have tried it on before thing i guess...not so sure about the chemicals.