Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tougher action on cannabis

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey buddha sorry for being thick but i dont get the joke in your signature lol care to explain :) . (if it is a joke, of course)
    nice strategy. :)

I guess really there will always be a black market and i highly doubt all of the serious heroin dealers will suddenly get an honest job thou. by stopping this drug problem im sure another will get worse (like you mentioned with crack) as the shifters would then just trade a drug with more money in it.

and yes like you said if the poly-drug users had more money as they got there smack off of the nhs then i guess they would probably spend that money on crack or their other drug habbits. (not meaning to sound steriotypical or prejudice or anythig):)

just out of interest, apart from the obvious problem of addiction and the pretty serious financial problem that goes along with that, and of course excluding the risk of O.D, what other serious long term health risks are accompanied with heroin?

You are right in that it wouldnt solve everything, however a lot of lower level dealers do so to fund their habit, if they didnt need to buy the drugs on the black market then they wouldnt have to do this.

As you say they may move into selling crack instead, but it would certainly reduce the amount of money going to dealers, which would be good news. It hopefully would have a knock on effect in producing countries too.

As for poly-drug users spending the extra on crack, yes it probably would happen, but they would at least have more interaction with treatment services because they would be monitored to get the heroin. The more contact they have the better, as at least harm reduction strategys can be put into place if not reduction in use.

As for heroin itself, if used in measured and clean doses it isnt really harmful at all. In the past doctors who had access to clean heroin could easily be addicts for decades without any serious harm coming to them. It is the black market which makes heroin dangerous.
    hey buddha sorry for being thick but i dont get the joke in your signature lol care to explain :) . (if it is a joke, of course)

It has to be said in a German accent to make sense, worst sounds like wvurst which is a German sausage, although I am certain to have spelt it wrong. Its a pun basically.
    budda wrote: »
    It has to be said in a German accent to make sense, worst sounds like wvurst which is a German sausage, although I am certain to have spelt it wrong. Its a pun basically.

I got it lol.

haha its so bad its good :lol:
    You are right in that it wouldnt solve everything, however a lot of lower level dealers do so to fund their habit, if they didnt need to buy the drugs on the black market then they wouldnt have to do this.

As you say they may move into selling crack instead, but it would certainly reduce the amount of money going to dealers, which would be good news. It hopefully would have a knock on effect in producing countries too.

As for poly-drug users spending the extra on crack, yes it probably would happen, but they would at least have more interaction with treatment services because they would be monitored to get the heroin. The more contact they have the better, as at least harm reduction strategys can be put into place if not reduction in use.

As for heroin itself, if used in measured and clean doses it isnt really harmful at all. In the past doctors who had access to clean heroin could easily be addicts for decades without any serious harm coming to them. It is the black market which makes heroin dangerous.

yeah i agree with you. that system would signifficantly reduce alot of the harm smack can cause, but hell since when have the goverment done anything remotely usefull to combat drug problems. i was just stating some of the bad points if your idea but it still would be a huge improvement from the shit system we have now.
    Cannabis was a gateway drug for me ...a gateway from heroin to cannabis.