Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Death of a loved one

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel so low.
Had a small family party and my step father (Pete), very close to, had a heart attack in my lounge. My cousin gave CPR (luckily an IT Nurse) and he did start breathing after about 40 minutes, this was on a Saturday. He sadly died on the Monday.

I miss him but also I feel such pain for my mum and feel so responisble for her. i now knoe the feeling when you say you have a heavy heart.

Kirst

Comments

• Options
    condolences.

Yes, the death of a dear one is always hard, but with times the pain goes away and the good memories remain.
  • Options
    im really sorry to hear your sad news. It must be really difficult :(
  • Options
    that's so sad :( i hope you and your family are okay, you will get through it. if you need support or someone to talk to then i know a lot of people on here will be very kind about it. don't feel shy about posting
  • Options
    I lost my older brother two years ago to an unexpected heart condition and i'm sorry to tell you the pain doesnt go away. just remember the good times you had, fill the place with his memory, maybe even do something for him - my brother was massively into cars (classics and american), we now have a memorial award in his name presented at the biggest car show of the year and we as a family decide who wins it.

Maybe others dont share my philosophy but i believe everything happens for a reason. dont dwell on his passing, instead celebrate his life.
  • Options
    My granddad died in front of me in a pub, one second he was my smiling grandad and the next he just seized up and collapsed.

I still remember that moment like it was yesterday and i thought it would scar me until a friend said 'what a way to go' - it was quite true, if there was somewhere he wanted to choose to die it would have been in the pub surrounded by his friends and family.

Maybe you can see the good side that your uncle died with his family around him, or that he was a good man who left lots of happy memories for you
  • Options
    I can guess its a bad moment for you
    I sympathise with you