Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Condensation...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had absolutely no idea where to place this question, but needed an answer so here goes.

I almost always have condensation on my bedroom, regardless of whether it's raining outside or not.

Can anyone explain to me a) what condensation is (I knows its a basic thing!) and b) why I always have it on my window?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    Condensation is just water.

Water, as a 'gas', is found to variable amounts in air. If it is warmer inside than outside, and you have no windows open, the hot air is suddenly cooled by contact with the cold window .. and the water (gas) turns back into a fluid (water/condensation). i.e. The humidity in your room is high.
  • Options
    I get it bad, i have a dehumidifier running every other day (all day) to reduce it.

It's so annoying!
  • Options
    Oh right...Should I contact my letting agency about it?

If I open the window I'd freeze even more then I am already, this room is so cold!
  • Options
    Window opening doesn't make much difference in my house.

But yeah, i'd contact them because it could lead to damp etc
  • Options
    I have this problem and I don't know what to do about it :(
  • Options
    We got a dehhumidifier about a month ago and it's been fab and scary at the same time - because of the amount of water it's taking out of the air. About four litres a day.. I dread to think where that much water was going before we got it!

Do any of your dry washing inside? That can be one of the worst causes of condensation.
  • Options
    basically if you dont have double glazing, you will get this all winter because the windows are so cold, all the moisture in the air is attracted to them and will settle there.

I used to put a bowl of salt on my windowsill and that used to help a bit
  • Options
    We got a dehhumidifier about a month ago and it's been fab and scary at the same time - because of the amount of water it's taking out of the air. About four litres a day.. I dread to think where that much water was going before we got it!

Do any of your dry washing inside? That can be one of the worst causes of condensation.

I'm sure a lot of that water is from you guys breathing out!!
  • Options
    i write my name in it