Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

FAO: people with publisher or photoshop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
...and a spare have 5 minutes!

I need to try and sort out my society's (westminster university rock society- on facebook) membership cards, and i've spent the whole morning trying to do in it in paint and word, as i don't have publisher or photoshop or any other design program, and i've got no where!

it needs to be the logo from facebook, on one side and then member on the other, but preferably with the colours inverted (apart from the text). but doesn't need to be. it would be good if the member bit on the back could be in a stencil like font, but again not essencial.

the first (or any person for that matter) that can do this will get a gold star and a pat on the back...and maybe an invite to the rock night if they want it and would be available.

Comments

• Options
    Sure it wouldn't be hard - feel free to send it over the details, sizes, etc.

You can download a free month trial for photoshop btw
  • Options
    i can't download it! my net is fucked so everytime a page is a little complex it just won't display it, and downloads don't happen.
  • Options
    Well okay then - you maybe just need to put up the stuff you want people to work from? Logos, designs, etc
  • Options
    this is what we have atm, the guitar is important but the text could be cleaned up. needs to stay red though and in that font if possible, but the rock soc can be changed
  • Options
    thats going to look absolutely terrible printed
  • Options
    Okay not the best guitar - but at least something that'll look better printed as a starting point. If you do get someone to help with photoshop the psd has all the layers preserved so you can fuck with the fonts.

Main thing here is the size, so it's large enough to be used across a number of printed formats.
  • Options
    the point of the guitar being simple was because it needs to look good printed on a black t-shirt (obviously in white not black)...

my all means if anyone wants to creat a new guitar, then go a head...i just don't have the skills to do so...
  • Options
    luby, without wanting to sound patronising (honest!) do you need membership cards? Just I've never been in a soc with membership cards and you may be creating more work for yourself. If you do fair enough obviously different unis operate different ways :).

I'd recommend fireworks, btw. You can't get pretty stencils to do fancy stuff but for basic designs for things like posters, flyers, you name it, it comes with the tools you need to make it look professional really easily. 'One click wonder' buttons :D.
  • Options
    yeah we do, because we have to varify people when booking gig tickets and other stuff. The su has kind asked us as well
  • Options
    ...and a spare have 5 minutes!

I need to try and sort out my society's (westminster university rock society- on facebook) membership cards, and i've spent the whole morning trying to do in it in paint and word, as i don't have publisher or photoshop or any other design program, and i've got no where! ...

Free download and fully working for 30 days
    http://www.xara.com/us/downloads/xtreme/
  • Options
    still i can't download things with my net connection like this, firefox timed out before it was fully downloaded

But don't worry! we have a graphic designer rock socien thats going to do it

but thanks for the suggestions