Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help quick please...

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
I have an interview tomorrow for a company I used to work for and I know they will ask the question, why did you leave?

It wont be people I used to work with as they are from head office.

I left because i was travelling too far, and I wasnt getting paid enough to justify it.

I had a 4.5 hour all round commute.

I thought I would have thought of a reason.

I really want this job - please help! I wouldnt ask if I wasnt desperate

Oh and I know I have put this in the wrong place, and I apologise but please let me off this once, as I need quick replies!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is the commute and salary any better?

If it is then be honest, tell them the real reasons why.
  • Options
    The commute will be the same, and the salary probably wont be much better.

However, it is a job I really want as it will help me on my way to be a solicitor. It is a training contract.
  • Options
    maybe worth saying it will be better training .

Maybe make something up about personal/ family reasons behind you leaving before.

If they have invited you for an interview, they kinda already know you have worked for them before, so its not going to be a deal breaker, or they wouldn't have asked you to an interview.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    Maybe just say you can't wait to start soliciting. :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Maybe just say you can't wait to start soliciting. :)

:lol:

If they aren't amused, fuck em (not literally) :p
  • Options
    where did you leave to? any way you can say you left to work at your new place cos it was good experience but now your ready to go back?
  • Options
    Can you be honest - at the time, with the prospects then the journey felt a little too much. Having explored other opportunities and seeing how amazing the prospects are with this new role the commute is something that you're no longer concerned about.

You are also aware of the commute and have experienced it before, so you aren't facing something unknown, or something that you haven't planned for.

I wouldn't mention the salary though, especially with it not being much more...

Hope that helps
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Can you be honest - at the time, with the prospects then the journey felt a little too much. Having explored other opportunities and seeing how amazing the prospects are with this new role the commute is something that your no longer concerned about.

You are also aware of the commute and have experienced it before, so you aren't facing something unknown, or something that you haven't planned for.

I wouldn't mention the salary though, especially with it not being much more...

Hope that helps

Oh Jim, this is spot on!!

Thank you all so so much.

Fingers crossed : )
  • Options
    Good luck :thumb:

I'll shift this now and leave a redirect
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Good Luck :D