Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The time is nigh!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Arghh!!

Heading off to india to start my 1-2 year travel excursion tomorrow - and to put it bluntly, im shitting it!!

Ive just finished packing (i think!!!) and just wanted to say what ive got and see whether anyone else can think of anything ive forgotten?!!
My backpack is pretty full as it is, so hoping that i havent!!

Clothes (shorts, 1x jeans, tshirts, underwear +socks, bikinis, pack-away coat, cardigan)
pocket knife
first aid kit (including plasters, paracetamol, medicine)
micro-fibre towel
mosquito repellant
ipod and books for travelling
torch
travellers checks + purse/bum bag
chain and padlocks
travel diary, emergency contacts and pens
camera and charger
phone and charger
passport and travel info
tooth brush, shampoo etc
lil bit of makeup
flipflops
travel guide!

eurhm.. and thats about all i can think of!!! can anyone think of anything reeeally obvious that ive missed out?!! im wracking my brains because i reeally dont want to forget anything, and i cant find any decent lists on the net that list everything i might need!
my mum is no use whatsoever :rolleyes:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Tampax/liners? Not sure if that's included with the tooth brush, shampoo, etc? Maybe contraception? Just thinking of things you don't want to have to be running around trying to find at the wrong moment.

And silly as it might sound - how about a watch if you don't have one - don't want a phone battery to die when you need to know the time.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey, wow, so exciting - I think there are probably lots of jealous peeps lurking about :D (me included)

Clothers wise - I see you've got jeans for trousers - but some linen trousers would probably be really handy for india, maybe? Light, easy to wash and dry quickly, good for keeping legs covered if it's hot but shorts aren't appropriate etc etc - should also be able to pick up some cheaply.

Have you got baby wipes in your first aid/toiletries kit? So many uses!

Have an amazing time. :yippe: My housemates are from Madras and I can't wait to be able to afford to visit their home towns.
    oooh contraception and baby wipes - havent got those!!
    ill nip down the chemist in a bit and pick some up. compleetely forgot about that!! ta :) (see, i knew id forget stuff!)

as for other recommended stuff, i have a watch that i never tend to take off - when i think about it, maybe its best if i get myself a spare battery for when it dies? its gone about 7 months now and its still going so probably not for much longer.. or do you think itll be easy to get replacements there? :confused:

and trousers - yeeah i only have jeans at the moment. i left it too late to get any decent summer linen ones, so im thinking i might go to a tailor and get some made as soon as i get there! some for a long skirt and a salwar kameez. im going to look a right gimp in that :)

thanks jim and helen im sure once i get past the initial few days itll be great :D
    plug adapters?
    ooh yes and them :) cant forget them! theyll be an airport buy!!

Incidentally just said goodbye to my bestfriend, my dad and my dogs.
    Crying like a baby :crying:
    Saying bye to my dad was worst but saying bye to dogs was horrible! i know for a fact that the eldest of 13 wont be here when i get back and the other.. im going to miss him so much !
    argh im never going to get to sleep. god help me when i say bye to my mum tomorrow :no:
    Oh wow!! Have a great time :) You'll be alright once you're on the way there :heart:
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yeah, have a great trip :D