Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Copyright Law - Is This Correct?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm having some issues at college regarding stuff blown up into large print on A4 paper. According to my tutor, there's a piece of text that I've been given that because it's copright, he isn't allowed to somehow put it on A4 paper and in large print. (he can only either, put it on A4 paper and in standard size print or blow it up on to A3 paper)

Is it correct that he can't do that?

Comments

• Options
    I'm sight-impaired too, so I'm used to having to photocopy stuff from A4 to A3. As long as the material isn't being copied comercially, it should be ok. It's the same with software. Copy it to another disc for back-up purpose = ok. Copy it for gain !== ok.
  • Options
    I would imagine that fair usage rights apply in this case. You should be able to copy the text.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    I'm having some issues at college regarding stuff blown up into large print on A4 paper. According to my tutor, there's a piece of text that I've been given that because it's copright, he isn't allowed to somehow put it on A4 paper and in large print. (he can only either, put it on A4 paper and in standard size print or blow it up on to A3 paper)

Is it correct that he can't do that?

Maybe he's right, in which case you need to perhaps get it done yourself
  • Options
    They probably have to pay again if it's copyrighted or something. That's the excuse that uni always gave us anyway.