Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

birmingham to manchester

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
i am going to a gig in birmingham on sunday evening.

as i cannot get the following day off work, i have got to get back that night but the gig probably won't finish until half ten/eleven.

the gig is at lg arena. the local train station's last train is just after 10 and the last one from the main station in birmingham is at 10.18.

there is national express but their last coach is at 11.15pm and i doubt we'll be able to get from the lg arena to the centre of birmingham in time :(

is there any other way of getting home? any other coach services or what not otherwise im gonna end up waiting until about 5am until the next train and working on no sleep :(
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    no car :(
    not an option.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Birmingham International 01:24
    Wolverhampton 01:57

Wolverhampton 05:38
    Crewe 06:16

Crewe 06:26
    Manchester Piccadilly 07:11

Is the best I can do, all else would be if the Sleeper was routed via New Street but that would only get you to Preston and only if you can blag yourself on.

Other than that try getting a hotel nearby (there are loads as it closed to the Airport) and try getting an earlish train (8 or so) that would get you back into Manchester around 10.
    thanks.

ended up booking some coach tickets. a mate (who lives in the area) is going to drive us to the coach station so should be ok now to catch that last one.