Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Peter Kay's Britain's Got the Pop Factor and Possibly a New Celebrity Jesus Christ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What a load of crap...

I want to enjoy it, i've loved pretty much everything else Peter Kay has done, but this is woeful.

I understand it, i get what he's doing, but it's dreadful i think i've smirked about twice, and they were jokes/gags i saw coming from 30 seconds before.

Who else is watching it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Watched the first 5 mins, turned over. Wasn't 1% funny I thought. I guess I was let down by the fact Peter wasn't the lead, which you'd expect from him.
    ^^ Same. Thought 'give it till Kay comes on and see what happens' and was a load of crap. Been watching repeats of Phoenix Nights (watched the one with the bouncy castle from Amsterdam last night :) ) so was in high hopes of summat good. What a let down.
    I still don't rate much of his work since he stopped working with Dave Spikey
    Was out so I recorded it. Think I'll watch Stephen Fry In America first :yeees:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Mr Orange wrote: »
    What a load of crap...

I want to enjoy it, i've loved pretty much everything else Peter Kay has done, but this is woeful.

I understand it, i get what he's doing, but it's dreadful i think i've smirked about twice, and they were jokes/gags i saw coming from 30 seconds before.

Who else is watching it?

I agree, I turned it off less than half way through but could see it was going to be shocking before it even started. The problem is you can't spoof something that pretty much takes the piss out of itself already - like if people really took those shows seriously. It was just like watching a more boring version of the real thing. :yuck:
    The name put me off. Besides it looks like a x factor rip off. A bad one at that.
    I thought it was fairly amusing. Basically exactly what it said on the tin.
    It was fairly amusing in parts. mainly the parts with the 2up2down band.

odd, because i usually can't stand the guy.
    CoolMe wrote: »
    The name put me off. Besides it looks like a x factor rip off. A bad one at that.

thats sarcasm right...
    It wasn't exactly Chris Morris levels of satire, was it?
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Didn't watch it, not even sure whether to 4OD it or not now either!
    I agree. 10 seconds was watched then i fucked it off :)
    i didn't watch it all the way through, but kept flicking over,. and the bits i see i thought was hilarious...