Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weekend work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit thick this post i'm sure but i'm seriously needing to bring some extra cash due to losing one of our contracts which used to bring me in extra money and i was wondering about supermarket work.
Does anyone here work for any of the supermarkets? If so do you have to work a set number of hours each week? I've noticed with some companies you can do 12 hours + each week but some want you to do more.
I really want something that i can do either daytime or nightime over the weekends as i already work full time. For me if i could pull in some hours at our local sainsburys/asda over the weekend i'd be happy. I'm a bit limited on doing longer shifts you see as i own two horses so i have responsibilities with them.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I currently work for Sainsburys and do 12 hours a week, 5-9 tuesday evenings and 8-4 sundays.
    I've also worked at Lidl which was really easy and good money! I did shifts no longer than 6 hours while there. I think I did 8-12 saturday mornings a sunday and maybe a 4-8 in the week. Another good place to try is Aldi as they have just increased there wage from £7.75 to £8.75 p/h!
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I currently work for Sainsburys and do 12 hours a week, 5-9 tuesday evenings and 8-4 sundays.
    I've also worked at Lidl which was really easy and good money! I did shifts no longer than 6 hours while there. I think I did 8-12 saturday mornings a sunday and maybe a 4-8 in the week. Another good place to try is Aldi as they have just increased there wage from £7.75 to £8.75 p/h!

OMG why do they always look so miserable on the checkouts in Lidl and Aldi!!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Wouldn't you if you working in those hell-holes?
    I didn't mind working at lidl the hardest part was just remembering the codes for all the fruit and veg! You just have to sit on the till for a few hours then go home.
    JsT wrote: »
    Wouldn't you if you working in those hell-holes?

Not for £8.75 an hour!

I worked in Safeway for £5.50 an hour and I was able to crack a few smiles every now and again
    I work weekends, two 8 and a half hour shifts Saturday and Sunday. Take in about £102 a week. Not too bad if you're a student.
    I was gonna suggest aldi