Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trouble Finding a Job

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the moment i'm having alot of trouble finding a Design job, I have graduated from my graphic design degree.

Is anyone else having this trouble? do you think its because of the economy?

Comments

• Options
    Probably. And so many people going to University devalues the degrees, so they aren't the key to great riches anymore.

I'm 31, and not that many of the people I went to school with went to Uni, but virtually everyone I know under the age of, say, 25, has been or is at Uni.

If *everyone* has a degree, yours has got to be pretty special to get noticed.
  • Options
    I've been having hell trying to get a journalism job, so I changed tack and went for media sales. Have an interview tomorrow and have been told I can also WRITE for the magazines, unpaid at first but I get a better wage this way. Wooohoo!
  • Options
    i guess ill just keep trying... I hear people say you can earn alot in sales? is this true?
  • Options
    mr..nemo wrote: »
    At the moment i'm having alot of trouble finding a Design job, I have graduated from my graphic design degree.

Is anyone else having this trouble? do you think its because of the economy?
    Have you got an online portfolio of your work? If not, get one and slap the link on your CV. There's people who never even went to college and got kick ass jobs that highly graded ones don't get. The world in ICT and design is changing rapidly, most employers like to see that you have those qualifications, but most smalll companies just care about what you can do, not what you have education wise.

Oh also if you're *that* good, do freelance work. If you want to be all above board though, pay your taxes on the money you make from it.