Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Working abroad - malia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As the title says - this is the plan for my summer.

Anyone done this or worked somewhere similar?
Any tips or advice to offer?

ta :)

Comments

• Options
    Nope but I know a little girl called Malia.
  • Options
    Surely someone has worked abroad in an 18/30s type place?
  • Options
    The main tip is to have fun. :p

Don't think there's an awful lot to say, most I know have done it to go someplace else, get drunk a lot and meet new people.
  • Options
    One of my best mates done it, it was actually for club 18-30 he loved it but said it takes a certain kind of person to do it. He said the amount of people that go there thinking there be pissing it up 24/7 when infact the reality is your there as a rep for a company and to enhance other peoples holidays.
    But go for it I would!!
  • Options
    Ohhh - i know people who've done it - I think they had a great time - as you would expect its mildly like being on a permenant holiday in terms of the weather and possibilities to go out and get drunk lots - but you also have to work your ass off and be happy the whole time - and generally sell the holiday vibe and or activities to people.

Most of my friends were on entertainment teams - so they were dancing and performing in big resorts and stuff - I think they had a really good time - but obv they were performers so had a slightly different job and background to the run of the mill holiday rep.
  • Options
    Well i'll be doing neither of those jobs, will most likely be pr-ing for bars or glass collecting which i would imagine is pretty much the same as in England. The pay is not fantastic but the perks are quite obviously brilliant :D
  • Options
    For a moment, I thought your thread was entitled "Working abroad - mafia". I'm quite disappointed now. :(:p
  • Options
    a couple of my friends just booked a flight to ibiza and a hotel for a few days. when they got there, they went round the bars asking for work, eventually got some with free accomodation thrown in. just a little flat, nothing amazing and not amazing pay but they had fun. they went early in the season though.
  • Options
    theres a guide here about working in Malia

http://www.holidays2crete.com/workinmalia.html

I found it quite useful and they do accomodation too.