Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ideas for radio feature?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
A couple of my friends are starting their own radio show and we were talking the other night ideas for features...can anyone think of anything? I suggested a feature on women in music (i.e. interviews with female DJs, radio presenters, musicians, singers, managers, promoters, and with a playlist of all female music) to try and appeal to female listeners and encourage those wishing to get into the industry, but wasn't sure if this might come across as a bit discriminatory...?? :chin:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Dunno if it would work but how about something to help promote up and coming talent in the community or nationwide? Like interviews with new bands, singers, dj's, producers etc etc

Tis an idea.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's a cool idea. Cheers :thumb: I'll suggest it to them. There are quite a lot of programmes around doing that already I guess, but they could perhaps try and find a different angle for it.

I was thinking maybe some kind of "link up" with other DJs at stations in other countries, to do a sort of music swap where they'd play some music from our area on the show and my mates could play some of theirs in return? Not sure how practical that'd be in terms of technology though...
  • Options
    Or just totally rip off Chris Moyles and do car park catchphrase .. rename it to something :p