Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What movie or TV series was that from?

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I remembered a scene sometime earlier, but I can't remember where it was from. It's probably from something related to time travel, because it involves different outcomes to the same situation, but it could just be two similar situations...

The scene is about a woman staying at a hotel, and someone calls her for a job interview, but she has forgotten her purse and by the time she gets it it's too late. I think she was telling the story to someone else, using the phrase "Don't ever go back for your purse".
Then it happens again but this time she doesn't go for the purse, however her glasses or contacts were inside so she can't read anything at the interview and gets kicked out.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Plot sounds similar to Sliding Doors
    Weekender Offender 
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Nope, definitely not that. I'm sure that the second time she remembered the first (and that was why she didn't go for the purse).
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I remember a couple of TV series that involved time travel:

1) "Crime Travellers" - where detectives go to the future to work out where a crime is committed. When they go back to their own time, they can prepare themselves and catch the criminals red-handed.

2) "Sliders" - A group of people have to find a portal at the end of each episode, otherwise they'll be locked in that timeframe.
    Hm, I've not seen either of those.
    Never saw sliders? You missed out!
    I think I remembered, it was probably from The Triangle.
    are you sure or looking for you :D.
    look at the whole series and tell us if you found.