Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Great news.

It's nothing short of a disgrace that it had to go all the way to the High Court in the first place.

Shame on those responsible. Way to say thank you to those who put their lives on the line (and in this case for a country that wasn't even their own). And way to attract new recruits to the army...

On a tangent note, the father of a work colleague served with the Gurkhas in India in his youth. When I asked if it was true Gurkhas are tough nutters, he more than confirmed it by way of telling me one or two stories his father reluctantly told him. You don't mess with those fellas :D
    we learnt in cadets that one of their favourite tactics is hiding in long grass with knives and slitting the throats of people unlucky enough to have tied their boot laces up the wrong way. The British army have their own way of doing it.
    I passed them (and a million and one journalists) waiting outside the Court on my way to school yesterday!