Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tramadol

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He isn't - he prescribed them once, then I went through them rather quickly as I didn't know the amount I'd need. When I went back for another prescription he gave them to me on the condition he made sure I was fully aware of the risks. From his manner on the day I'm pretty much sure if I went back in the next few months he wouldn't be so willing (if at all willing) to prescribe them again.
  • Options
    Well that's certainly good news, if you are in long term pain then I suggest you try and get a referral to a pain clinic, tramadol can be used long-ish term, but there are better ways of managing pain.
  • Options
    This is what I've been saying though - tramadol is crap for me, at least when I used Solpadol it got rid of the pain temporarily. Tramadol does sweet FA. I don't even feel any drowsier. The only time I do is, as I've mentioned, when I combine them with diazepam.
  • Options
    Well then if you are in serious pain you need to talk to your GP about other options. There really isnt any point in getting a Tramadol script if it only works when taken with valium which is not a long term solution.

Its technically weaker, but you might want to try voltarol.
  • Options
    Is pain still a problem? im confused as to whether you still take tramadol for pain(which u say doesnt work) or just for sleeping.
    If its for pain, a painkiller doesnt have to be making you drowsy to be working. Tramadol is slightly stronger than co-codamol(Solpadol), but more people can tolerate it as its a synthetic opiate, unlike solpadol/mophine/herion.
    if you need pain relief and dont find tramadol effective, without the diaz, then why not ask your gp to prescibe something else?
    If you are only getting pain relief when taking diaz then maybe its the muscle relaxing properties thats easing your pain.
    If you just want drowsyness then..well..whatever.

Have you discussed your sleeping problems with your gp??
    There are a lot of safer options available. Non-benzo sedatives.
    Theres also stuff like low-dose amitriptyline which is often given for neuropathic pain and is taken at night because it can be quite sedating.
  • Options
    slippery slope mate had a load of blues last week far too easy to get into a habit

given the risks associated with benzos addiction wise i would definitely be wary
  • Options
    I started taking them earlier on in the year. Nothing major, just 5mg a couple of times a day. maybe a bit more with some lorazepam in the evening now and again.
    Big mistake.
    VERY nearly lost my job.
    Could have lost my friends
    Had conversations/been in work/drove my car daily and dont remember it(but somehow i know i did it)
    Did some bad things too. Hacked my arm apart with a razor then tried to pull the nerve out with tweezers.
    Took an od, spent the day just in a total crazy mess. collapsed on my bed. got up for my tea, took more diaz/loraz flew out the house and drove (how?!) to my mates and flopped on his bed and stayed like that for 12hours. got up when he went to work, got in my car, then realised i should have been in college at that moment, then 2 people from work walked passed me to see me monged out half dead and sat in my car.
    Big, deep, shit!!!!
    Consequences still effecting life now 4months later.

ive probably just wasted my time writing that coz i doubt anyone is really interested but hey it might put someone off benzos.
  • Options
    yup the downer after a binge on them is intense, you feel like jumping infront of a bus!

ive had friends sectioned and know of local suicides due to this
  • Options
    glad its not just me.
    well im not glad for them, but ya know what i mean!