Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seven Sins of England

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Has anyone else seen the documentary 'Seven Sins of England'?

I couldn't tell if the documentary is celebrating the behaviours featured, or suggesting that it is a normal behaviour of the English working class, since it has been prevalent throughout history. Another thing is, I couldn't tell wether the presenters were actors or true yobs, as they were able to seamlessly switch between being a working class character and their speeches. I read a comment by a lady in a forum, however, that one of the men featured was her grandson and was not an actor. I do not know if this can be trusted. In addition the presenters were good at playing to the camera.

I have to say I was rather appalled seeing the behaviours in the film. Because it's been around for centuries, should it be alright to allow so-called working class folks to be this way?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Didn't see it man - where was it shown? Might see if I can track it down to watch.
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »
    Didn't see it man - where was it shown? Might see if I can track it down to watch.

i saw it in Google Video actually so luckily you (and the others) can watch it there. do a search using "Seven Sins of Engalnd" and hopefully it would turn up. if not try "channel four".
  • Options
    Jim V wrote: »

If its what i think it was it was on about a couple of years ago. it was mixture of young men and women on a Friday night doing what we've all do and done (get drunk and act stupid) and the same people reading out monologues written in 'ye olde times' full of Brits being drunk and acting stupid.

they weren't actors (nor would I argue were they yobs - though like people the world over they sometimes did yobbish things). Nor am I sure it's working class behaviour solely though the programme focussed on it. Go to a University city anmd watch the middle class fall over drunk and get into fights.

Though it is a British thing

Well worth seeing imho
  • Options
    Cool, I'll track it down