Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

my mum's gone mad with power...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    robawalsh wrote: »
    My friends tell me i should phone Childline but i'm worried this would only make things worse.

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time of it - it sounds like you don't have much security at the moment which must be really stressful for you.

As for confiding in an adult - I'm not surprised that you're worried about this, but remember that not everyone will want to break confidentiality - if anything - things like childline are set up so that young people feel they can get support without fear of things getting worse.

Here's some reassurance about what happens when you call childline:
    When you phone ChildLine, you'll be able to speak to someone who cares about your problems. The counsellors are all trained - they will listen to you and try to help you.

If you're scared or feel out of control, that's OK. You can tell them. It's their job to listen to you and sometimes to put you in touch with someone who can help you.

Speaking out about problems or talking about your feelings can be really difficult, but it's the right thing to do. Think about how much better you will feel if you can talk about it with someone who understands.

We can suggest who else could help and will describe what would probably happen if you decided to involve them. If you feel too scared or shy to talk to someone else who could help you then, with your permission, ChildLine will talk to others on your behalf.

Calls to ChildLine are confidential - you can talk about whatever you want to and we won't tell anyone else, unless you want us to. Your ChildLine counsellor will only take action if they feel it's an emergency.

it's good to hear you have friends you can confide in. I hope you feel able to make the call. Take care. :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i hope you do find the courage to talk to someone as it actually sounds like the way your mum is treating you and your brother is abusive